Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Normal Heart Skipping?

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Normal Heart Skipping?

Can you tell me if it is true that if you have a normal heart (with some slight regurtiation which they told me was fine) that skipped beats are benign.  I have had an echo, stress test, holters and even a King of Hearts monitor for 30 days and all that is found on it is some triplet premature ventricular contractions and triplet premature atril contractions  - sounded a little concerning to me!  I believe they recorded around 100 single premature atrial and ventricular beats of each and then the triplets and couplets of some of the others.  I am a little concerned about these finding but I seem to be the only one concerned as the heart doctor is not at all.  When a person dies from irregular heartbeats is it always because they have something structurally wrong with their heart or could these beats actually kill you.  I am one of the unfortunate ones that feels every single irregularity in my heart beat.  My family physcian says I am great health and not to worry as well but that is not quite a easily done when I feel these strange sensations every day.

People do not die from irregular heart beats.  A little regurgation does count as a structurally normal heart -- almost everyone has a little regurgitation.

Trust your doctor on this one.  Get a second opinion to review the studies if you need to.