Heart Rhythm Community
Olive Leaf Extract

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Olive Leaf Extract

I am always trying to find natural supplements that I can take to reduce the number of arrhythmias and this eve when I was in a health food store, an employee told me that I should try this extract. I have tried many different supplements over the years, and could not tell a difference in my heart episodes in most of them. Some actually seem to irritate my system so I am so careful. I am just wondering if anyone has tried this particular one. If so, how much do you use and which brand?

Today someone here recommended aloe vera gel and I will start using that. Has anyone tried it? Is there anything else that you have used that seems to help, other than meds?

Thank you so much for any replies or advice!
:)B
Stu is currently trying a mixture of prescibed bach flower remedy. He is constantly trying different natural meds as docs say nothing they can do to stop his silly heart.  I've used olive leaf for the flu with success, but with everything you need to be careful as some remedies clash with prescribed meds. The olive leaf extract liquid is also good for the rash that Stu gets from the sticky ecg pads.
My doctor also told me nothing he can do for me.  Very sad....
Hi, I havnt tried the gel but I have used the liguid, doesnt taste very nice and didnt do anything (it helped my constipation)!! Have you tried hawthorn tincture that seemed to help a little bit (but only when I wasnt having many) it doesnt seem to do anything if you are having lots.
Gee, I had typed a reply and hit something and lost it all!
Anyway, thanks to all for your replies.
I had tried Hawthorn some yrs ago w/no reduction in my symptoms, unfortunately b/c I had read that it can help.
I have gotten that rash from electrodes b/c I have had this monitor for 3 wks now. I was going to apply manuka honey after my shower tonight for a little while to see if that would help.
It is v sad that some people just can not find a way to reduce the no. of arrhythmias! I have tried 2 diff meds but they did not seem to help but I may have to try some others down the road. I see my cardio in Feb to reevaluate it all again!!
:)B
Try taking the liquid in 1/2 glass of OJ.
I have tried the Bach Rescue too but have not seen that it works!  Maybe I should give it another try. I will try the olive leaf ex. liquid and thank you so much!
Dr. Bruce West with his Health Alert newsletter has a whole, interesting section on natural approaches to many heart issues.  Very interesting!  Nutritional supplements, and reasons for the abnormalities!  Good luck and get back to me.
Thank you for our reply...I will look into that newsletter!!!
I Googled Dr. Bruce West and I am so tempted to subscribe to his newsletter but I already get so many health newsletters, etc. Have you read any of his books or do you subscribe to his newsletter? I will do some more  homework before I decide, perhaps!!
Thanks again.
Has anyone tried or heard of 'taurine', google it and see what you think, I am always wary of these things, I know Aloe Vera is ok to use and I used Hawthorn with no after effects also I have tried the Bach Flower and I know that that is ok, none of those did any good though!! Although I do think that the flower remedy is good for nerves. Going to look at Dr Bruce West now, (is this all we do) lol