P waves on ecg?
Hi am 30 years old female and have been suffering from palpiations for a while now as im quite an anxious person and have just been diagnosed with ME. I recently had a 48 hour monitor and was told that everything was fine apart from a few ectopics, however when i went to the GP he told me that the report also said that i had some non conducting P waves. Could someone tell me what this means?. The problem is that he wants to put me on Ametrypylline for my ME as im in pain. But is reluctant to do so, as it is contraindicated if you have an arythmia. The Gp didnt really know what the non conductive P waves meant.
Any help and advice would be great as I really need to control my pain and would like to start on my tablets  as soon as possible. I do have a refferal with the cardiologist but was told that there is a 3 month waiting list.
Thankyou.
P wave = atrial contraction (the upper chambers "beat"). There is a P wave in every heartbeat except ventricular rhythms (PVCs).

A nonconducted P wave can be 2 things:

A nonconducted ectopic P wave is an early PAC (ectopic beat) that isn't conducted to the heart chambers. This is completely normal.

A nonconducted sinus P wave (normal P wave) does imply a so-called AV block. This is also to a certain degree completely normal during sleep, but if it happens when you are awake, it will be sensed as a skipped beat. May be normal but should be further investigated if it happens a lot.

Sorry, it's impossible for me to say which of the two conditions they found in your Holter test, ask your physician.
Thankyou for your answer.
I was told to day that I had a non conductive sinus p wave that only happened twice in a 48 hr tabe. They also occurred in my sleep. Is this normal or some sort of heart block? Thankyou.
That's probably so-called second degree heart block type 1. That's completely normal during sleep (if that is what it is). If so, the answer is "yes" to both your questions, I guess :)