PAC/PVC
can somebody tell me the list of foods that can cause or  worsen PAC/PVS. mine were almost completely gone for a month but the skipped beats have returned. can excess salt intake cause them????
You know you mention excess salt. I have been eating a lot more salt lately and have not noticed an increase. It seems though that everyone has foods they swear effect them. Some say sugar, for me-chocolate, some coffee or caffeine. Salt I have questioned int the past for causidng svt in me.
I love chinese food. when i eat it i put lots of soy sauce on it. before this episode of skipped beats I ate alot of soy sauce can that be the cause????
Its possible. It may be msg?
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Rhythm/Comprehensive-List-of-Food-Triggers-for-PVC-PAC/show/741984

here someone else said soy sauce caused them to have pvc/pac
I stopped eating chinese because of horrible pvcs I get. I also think for me carbs have a effect. I have been keeping a journal trying to narrow it down but so far no success.
I cannot eat msg at all. I have to check all foods to make sure they don't have it in them. Makes my PVC's and PAC's terrible! I also avoid sugar, caffeine (including chocolate), alcohol, and fried foods. Any of those can really trigger some serious palps for me.
When u eat the foods that irritate your heart after how much time the effects disappear???
remember the stomach, vagus nerve and heart connection - many of us have these symptoms; try process of elimination and keep notes of side effects of different foods because we're all different and you may not react to things the way others do

I am SO glad coffee doesn't bother me I'd be locked up if it did; months with out it was enough for me...now chinese food used to make me sick and feel icky but here in the US they changed their recipes abit not to include MSG products, but I think I read they just put another ingredient in it that was the same as MSG so I dunno :P

I know many dr's say to avoid ALL caffeine & sugar, alcohol, tobacco, also some over-the-counter medications; not sure what there is to eat/drink if you take all that away lol
Sometimes it is irritated for a few hours and sometimes the effects will last for days. If I get bad runs of the palps, I can feel fatigued and continue to get palps for days. I also notice if I don't eat, that can irritate my palps as well...maybe low blood sugar? As Lisa said, the vagus nerve is connected and plays a huge part in what I feel. I forgot to mention carbs make my palps act up as well. I do eat them, but in moderation. Sometimes I feel like everything I eat aggrivated them. I do buy whole wheat breads and pastas. I hope you start feeling better.
I meant to say aggrivates them. Ans, I COMPLETELY avoid chinese food and restaurants.
Some of the rules of engagement for the no fly zone as i like to call it to avoid PVC's are:
No caffeine...this means coffee (even decaf because it has 3% caffeine in it), no tea, no sodas at all that have coloring in them except for root beer because there is no caffeine in it, definately no energy drinks, no gatorade type of products because electrolyte imbalances can set off the episodes, no products with gingeng in the them, no chocolate, stay clear definately of red wine, limit sugar intakes, stay hydrated with water and this means plain water not flavored because of the sugar content...dehydration is one of the leading causes that sets the episodes off, try to limit your stress levels, make sure that you get a full night of sleep each nite...those are just a few that are recommended and sometimes in following those basic rules you do have a little control over the frequency of incidents however at the end of the day a doc has to be involved in monitoring the progression...........hope it was helpful.