Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
PACS with PVCS using Albuterol
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PACS with PVCS using Albuterol

About 8 months ago My doctor put me on a holter monitor and told me I have PACS in my upper heart and PVCS in my lower heart. They have been getting worse and are getting to the point where I have them all the time and I cannot breathe. I am also a smoker and my doctor put me on Albuterol inhalers . I am wanting to know if taking the inhaler will help me breathe better without making my PACS and PVCS worse. They are scary and since I also suffer from severe panic attacks that hit when I have an episode I am worried about adding any sort of meds to my life. Also, since I have gotten these things I have been very depressed is it a symptom often associated with PACS & PVCS? Any info you could give would be much appreciated. Thank you. Krystal
Related Discussions
230125_tn?1193369457
Krystal,
I think you are partly missing the point.  The answer would be to stop smoking so you don't need the inhaler, not which inhaler will cause less PVC/PACs.  Steroid inhalers will not increase your pvc/pac's.  I would strongly encourage you to stop smoking and see if that decreases your need for inhalers.
Thanks for posting.
2 Comments
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
I take albuterol occasionally for my asthma. If I remember correctly, albuterol is adrenergic. When I use it my heart rate increases a bit and I have quite a jittery buzz for about 10 minutes. Not the time to do detailed work. Just don't get concerned if your HR goes up a bit when you use it. It's very temporary and the med does wonders in opening up the airways.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
4610897_tn?1393869202
Joseph Sclafani, M.D.Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979