Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
PACS with PVCS using Albuterol

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

PACS with PVCS using Albuterol

About 8 months ago My doctor put me on a holter monitor and told me I have PACS in my upper heart and PVCS in my lower heart. They have been getting worse and are getting to the point where I have them all the time and I cannot breathe. I am also a smoker and my doctor put me on Albuterol inhalers . I am wanting to know if taking the inhaler will help me breathe better without making my PACS and PVCS worse. They are scary and since I also suffer from severe panic attacks that hit when I have an episode I am worried about adding any sort of meds to my life. Also, since I have gotten these things I have been very depressed is it a symptom often associated with PACS & PVCS? Any info you could give would be much appreciated. Thank you. Krystal
Krystal,
I think you are partly missing the point.  The answer would be to stop smoking so you don't need the inhaler, not which inhaler will cause less PVC/PACs.  Steroid inhalers will not increase your pvc/pac's.  I would strongly encourage you to stop smoking and see if that decreases your need for inhalers.
Thanks for posting.
I take albuterol occasionally for my asthma. If I remember correctly, albuterol is adrenergic. When I use it my heart rate increases a bit and I have quite a jittery buzz for about 10 minutes. Not the time to do detailed work. Just don't get concerned if your HR goes up a bit when you use it. It's very temporary and the med does wonders in opening up the airways.