PM/ICD
I have a Boston Scientific Teligen 100 PM/ICD I had placed in August 2009.  I've had lead placement problems since then and in April 2010 they told me it appeared the leads were either fractured or leaking and may need to be replaced.  They were both almost 1100 ohms back in April up from 780's - 800 .

They asked if I had been having any mid upper stomach pains and at that point I didn't, but now I've been having sharp stabbing pains in the middle upper abdomen area.  It's so random there's no pattern, but it's progressively getting worse - closer together and longer duration.   When I first noticed it, I had an episode once every other week or so and didn't think anything of it until it became weekly, now it's 2-3 times a week and this afternoon was almost an hour.

The pain then goes away until the next time and I forget about it. I have an appt at the end of October so I'll it checked then, unless someone knows if this sounds like lead fracture or leaking.

Has anyone has lead fracture or leaking? any symtpoms related to this?
QUOTE: " April 2010 they told me it appeared the leads were either fractured or leaking and may need to be replaced.  They were both almost 1100 ohms back in April up from 780's - 800" .

The higher resistence can indicate a fracture.  The consequences of a fractured lead can be very serious.  I'm surprised there wasn't followup in April!
CALL THE DOCTOR LISA....NOW!!!!!!  Do not try to explain this away.........if you have any pains right this minute as you are reading this you need to head to the E,R,.......i am not meaning to scare you Lisa but this is nothing to mess around with.....
I kind of figured :(  

Kenkeith, from August - April I was checked about 10 or 12 times because of lead placement and the leads moving; they were waiting to see if they moved back down and at my April appt made me an appt for Oct 29. and said they would remotely check my ICD from my monitor monthly - which was just replaced because BS said there was a problem with mine.

Cindy =)  I know I should I just can't right now, my new insurance doesn't go into effect until the end of October...I think I'm going to find a pacemaker clinic like I was going to and have them read it just to make sure.

The pain could be something else, but I have a feeling with my monitor going on the blink it was my icd not the monitor that's the problem :(

I'll let you know what they say.