POTS and EKG
Because I have POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) my pulse becomes high (<115 bpm) after standing.
I will be going to the Cardiologist soon. Should I ask that when I have an EKG, it be done standing (vs. laying-down)?

Thanks for your time!
If you have POTS They should be doing a tilt table test at some point.

I too get tachycardia when I stand up but mine persist after I sit down for a while so I have not been diagnoised as having POTS but instead Inappropriate sinus tachycardia. While I was hospital My pulse got to 135 sitting drinking a glass a water. my highest pulse was about 189 while walking slowly.

I hope you get some good answers that help to feel better. If they dont mention the tilt table test I'd be asking why not as this is the test that is most likly to prove POTS one way or another. They may want to do other ECG test just to rule out other facter first as the only way to diagnoise POTS is to rule out other factor that may be causing the Tachycardia.

You did not mention the BP part of POTS the other main symptom of POTS HR go's up while BP go's down.