POTS
I need to know. Is POTS fatal? and what do you do about the chest pain? What do you do about life? Can I expect to ever be able to work again? I'm just ready to give up I'm so tired.
POTS is not fatal. It's supremely annoying and causes you to have to make some lifestyle changes, but I'm pretty positive you can't die from it. I replied to your thread over in the anxiety forum and have been waiting for you to respond... :)
First of all I am so sorry! I am 26 and just develped IST which is simialr to POTS which is what I thought I had when all this started! I have done alot of research on both POTS and IST POTS is when your brain tells your heart to go faster usually with blood pressure droping alot when standing IST is more a innapropriate heart rate but there are some symotoms that come with IST like medication sensitivity and others that people with POTS have aswell there is alot of overlaping in IST POTS and NCS....have you had a tilt table test yet? in not you need to also if you are close enough a trip to see Dr. Fooez at clevland heart clinic would be good she is a specialist and the best! Drink alot of gatoraide ALOT!!!! the sodium helps with blood volume extra salt on food. If your tierd from your beta blocker CUT IT IN HALF and give it two weeks. this made a huge difference for me ! I had the same results as double without the side effects! get rest dont over do it! POTS is more life changing then threatning like sugarpea said but it can and will get better like my IST I have bad days and the next day im running around cleaning my house. its a min to min and day to day thing! I sometimes get so sad and feel so usless and hopeless that all I can do is cry. Today im out shopping and playing with my kids who are 1 and 4 trying to do the best I can with what I have! my email is ***@**** if  you ever want to chat! I am also on a IST forum that is awesome with questions and just to feel that your not alone and there are people on there with POTS.  Dont give up!!!! fight to get better but try to get rest thats what your body need right now good food no stress and hope! you are going to have to try things till you find what works for you but you will find it and you will get better! I have talked to lots of people who have pots who started off bad and are no for the most part functioning. you need to find somone who knows about this and treats other people with this not just you! do as much resarch as you can. and join the forum we all share info which is a big help!!!!! good luck dont give up it will get better!
hey are you feeling any better where are you?
Can you share the web address to the IST support board?  THANKS! :)
http://inappsinustachy.proboards13.com/index.cgi  here you go! its a great help! I am rmwagoner03 on there hope to see you there!