Heart Rhythm Community
PVC's All Day

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

PVC's All Day

In the last couple of weeks I have been having a terrible amount of PVC's.  I have had them for about 10 years now, but the last couple of weeks have been crazy.  Has anyone been prescribed *Taurine before?  Did some reading tonight about it and was curious if anyone has taken it.  Results, problems, or other with it.  Let me know.  Thank you.
Tags: day, long, taurine, help, PVC, Heart
Is that the correct name? when I researched that name it is an ingredient in energy drinks? Just asking cause I have been on almost all of the anti-arrythmics except for the new version of amiodarone (simply because I don't see paying more money for a drug that doesn't really work that well) Right now I take amiodarone but for the last few weeks I have been having more PVC's at night and more A-Fib? go figure maybe it's the aliens(just kidding) :)
Thanks for replying!  I thought that was the correct spelling.  So none of the anti arrythmics have been working for you?  I used to have SVT real bad, but something calmed it down.  So many meds, not sure which one did it.  Going to ask my Dr. about Taurine.  Wish you the best of luck with your issues.  Take care.
Taurine is an amino acid.  I've heard of amino acids getting results for certain types of PVCs, but this was all anecdotal.  It plays a role in skeletal and cardiac muscle ( I think it's related to calcium uptake, I'm not sure), so it helping is plausible.  

I don't think a prescription is needed for it.  It occurs naturally in meats and other foods.  Research it, Wikipedia has a good article on it.

If you are a vegetarian or vegan, you may not be getting enough in your diet.

It doesn't sound like it would hurt to try it.  If you eat meat or fish you're already "supplementing" it, so-to-speak.
Thanks itdood!  I did do some reading on it, but hearing that certain levels of it could be dangerous, i opted not to run out and buy some.  I guess I will ask my cardiologist about it.  But like you said, you get it in meats and fish.  Thanks for your response.