Aa
A
A
Close
PVCs and Other Meds
I have recently been diagnosed with Frequent PVCs.  I was perscribed Toprol XL 25 mg.  I also have chronic allergies and recently have had difficulty breathing.  I just feel like I am breathing from straws all day.  I was perscribed albuterol inhaler, but am affraid to take it with the PVCs.  I also have stopped taking Claritin because of the PVCs.  Do you have any suggestions about which allergy medications would be best to causes the least PVCs?  And is Albuterol ok?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
187666 tn?1331176945
Do you have asthma in addition to your allergies? I can't remember - is Toprol a beta blocker? Beta blockers are generally not used by people with asthma. It can stir things up.

I use albuterol for my asthma (yes, I have PVC's, PAC's and atrial tachy). When I do my puffs my heart rate will increase and I get jittery but it only lasts about 10 minutes. I expect it to happen so it doesn't bother me. I'd rather have a mildly jumpy heart for a few minutes and be able to breathe better. Can't help you with allergy meds since I never take them.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I've never been diagnosed with asthma, but I have been described albuterol and Nasacort for the breathing.  The Toprol is a Beta Blocker, interesting connection with asthma.  I had the difficulty breathing before the Toprol.  Thanks for the reply.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
von123678 VonAdd Comment
13 hrs ago