Heart Rhythm Community
PVI ablation on 12/14/12 update

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

PVI ablation on 12/14/12 update

Just an update.  I had my first pvi ablation July 2010.  Last June I  started to have AFIB episodes again.  My Dr and I decided to schedule another ablation for last Friday.  It went extremely well.  He said there were two areas that had to be touched up.  This experience was way more comfortable than the first time.  They went in on both legs this time as opposed to just the right one.  The wound sights are not as painful as last time.  Most importantly I have been in NSR since waking up.  Last time I was in afib off and on for the first two weeks after the ablation.  This time around, I had a short flutter after coughing the first night and that was it.  Over all, my symptoms are milder than the first time.  After the first ablation I was nsr and off all meds after 4 months.  That lasted 2 years.  This time feels better than the first time.  Only time will tell if it will last, but I am optimistic.  This post is to help others see there is hope.  When I started on this journey on Sept 3, 2009, (not that I was keeping track), this forum provided a lot of comfort and hope to me.  I hope this helps some others.  
Congratulations, and your attitude is the best possible, that helps too I believe.

Thanks for sharing, successful notes are especially encouraging.