Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Pacemaker, coughing and vomiting?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pacemaker, coughing and vomiting?

Husband (55) has had a pacemaker for 2 years for VERY slow heartbeat.  Prior to having the implant, he would begin to cough and then (only sometimes) would vomit.  This has continued after the pacemaker, and none of the doctors seem to know why.  He's had his entire digestive tract explored, and no reason can be found.
We don't even know who to talk to at this point.
The cough is non-productive and almost sound "whooping"-like.
He did have severe Samonella at least 25 years ago.  Don't know if that could cause this.
Help, please!