Pacemaker Settings
I have a dual-lead pacer set in DDDR mode, and I have complete heart block. Now that I'm exercising post-implant, I find that my heart rate maxes (and gets stuck) at 120 bpm. I looked at my interrogations, & see that both my MTR and MSR (the max for tracking rate and sensing rate) are set at 120. Ergo, no surprise my HR is maxing at 120, correct?  I called the EP's office and asked to get bumped up to a more reasonable rate. I've read around as much as possible, and from all appearances, the MSR could be set as high as my max HR of 152 (the 90% of 220 minus age rate) or heck, I'd settle for a bit less. Sound reasonable? BUT the scheduling device tech, not the doc, said, oh well, you can wait to make changes at your next check, that's no biggie (10 weeks, a biggie to me). So: is my request legitimate? Seems so to me. And: (this is for other patients) you ever have a hard time getting through the voice prompts/front desk people/device schedulers etc to actually speak to your doctor? What the heck?
Thanks-
I would call and ask for an appt earlier and tell them you want in asap; there's no reason why they shouldnt be able to do it.  I've found some dr's office are much easier to accomodate patients than others, so you may want to explain you feel you need to do this now and don't want to wait that long.

I had my PM/ICD rate response reset to where it would take over when it sensed I was active but I didn't notice much of a difference when I tried to exercise but it did allow my hr to go much higher.