Pacemaker and Lead removal
I am 33yo female and have had my permanant pacemaker for a little over a year. I only have one lead. In the time I have had the pacemaker, it has been used LESS THAN 1% and my current EP doctor believes that I do not need it and I am scheduled to have it removed this October 24th. He believes that it will be safer now to remove it than years down the road when even more scar tissue has time to form around it. I will be going under general anasthesia to have it removed, unlike being awake when it was implanted.
Also there has been no signs of any type of AFib on my echos or in the data currently stored on the pacemaker itself.  I have a Sorin Reply implanted. My worries are, not with the pacemaker itself coming out, but that lead having the be extracted from my heart. I will also be going for my 3rd ablation during the surgery.
Has anyone on here had both pacemaker AND lead(s) removed or did they leave the leads in? I have a problem that if the lead is left in, I have a compromised immune system with the medicines I take for other problems and it may do more harm than good down the road since it is a foreign object in my body.  
Thanks for all your help and replies, I am really getting more and more nervous as the day gets closer.