Heart Rhythm Community
Pacemaker lead

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Pacemaker lead

I had a dual chamber pacemaker replaced 2 years ago using the oringial leads. The first one lasted 10 years. For the last week and a half I have been feeling a clicking sinsation in my chest. I went to the Dr. and was told after interigating the Pacer that the Atrial lead was frayed or the connection was breaking. I was told to come back in 3 months and they would decide what to do and they were able to fix it so I would not feel it going off. Should I be concerned and could I cause it to become looser. Thank you, Joan

This discussion is related to Pacemaker Lead dislodgement.
You have every right to be concerned, but I think you did what you had to do, see your doctor.  That seems to say that you can get "by" until a convenient schedule can be met.  That's the only comfort I can offer.

Hope you get some input from others with direct experience.