Heart Rhythm Community
Pain with heartbeat

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Pain with heartbeat

Last night I woke to chest pain. Cannot remember if it was with the 1st or 2nd thump, ...As I felt my heartbeat, thump thump, thump thump, on every other thump I felt pain that felt like it was between my left areola and left side of breastplate.  The pain did not radiate, but I felt it all at the same time, down the inside of my left torso, and in my left knee on the left side of center. I cannot remember exactly, but vaguely remember pain in my upper left leg too. The pain was sharp enough to wake me up, and had problems getting back to sleep. The pain really did not change with sleep position. I eventually just fell back asleep, probably within 20min.  Perhaps it should be noted that I am 14weeks pregnant with twins, first pregnancy.  The first thing I thought of was a blood clot, then decided that I probably wouldn't feel a clot all down my body, so I did not panic and just tried to fall back asleep.  I am thousands of miles away from home, and am not due back until next week... with a Gyn appt scheduled for the 24th.  Please advise, Thank You !
Be careful, if the pain reoccurs I think you should see a doctor, perhaps the emergency room...are you in the USA?