Heart Rhythm Community
Palpitations and Tingling

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Palpitations and Tingling

Three weeks ago I was sitting quietly talking with a friend when a tingling feeling swept over my body and I felt quite strange. Only way I can describe it. I went to the doctor next day (I was not in my hometown). He did blood tests and checked pluse and blood pressure. Assured me I was ok. This episodes have continued. Sometimes I have gone days with nothing and sometimes they are quite frequent.

I have seen my regular doctor and my blood pressure had risen to 148. I have had 2 ecg's and further blood tests. My resting pluse was about 80-90. So I am now taking 1 Karvea (ibersartan) 300mg: 1/2 metropolol tartrate 50mg 2x day and at night one endep (amitriptyline 25mg.) The last idea of the doctor was that these attacks might be anxiety based.

I have had a couple of years of my emotional time. Husband ill and passed away but I don't knowingly feel too stressed. I am supposed to go on a trip from Australia to Singapore and England in one weeks time and I am very scared about going if I am not going to be well. When I am not having an episode I feel fine and think all is well. Today I was great then all of a sudden at 4pm my heart sort of had a longish, sinking kind of beat and the tingles went from my head down my body. Sometimes my pulse races and the blood seems to pound somewhat in my head. I am sure I get some slight pain in my chest and I have had an increase in my heartburn. I suffer reflux and take nexium for that.

As far as the pain I begin to wonder if I am imagining it but don't think so. My doctor keeps assurring me that I am not going to have a heart attack but something is wrong and I don't know if I should take this trip or not.

Sorry for the rambling but it is very complicated and I am very worried.
i take karvea.. 150mg.. once a day  i think my blood pressure is still a bit high compered to  when i use trandate labetalol hydro..so far no tingling has occur how ever i feel really low sometimes and i wonder if anyone else is depressed with those tablet
personally if i was you i would go to another doctor and stopped taking anything exept the blood pressure medication and have blood test and other test as well, and maybe go on another tablet..one at a time because they all interfered with one another... loosing weight for me has been the best result...