Palps, increasing frequency and intensity
S_9
This may be a little long - I apologize in advance! Just want to get as much info in here as possible. Any help or opinion is highly appreciated.

A few years ago I began having random palpitations, which have gotten more frequent, and can happen more than once in a row. They feel like my heart skips a beat or two (caught this by feeling my pulse a few days ago when I had three), then thuds and continues on a little faster than normal; it doesn't feel regular when it is happening, though if it is skipping beats then I suppose it wouldn't. It leaves me feeling very tired and with a sort-of hollow feeling in my chest.

Twice over the past few months I have also been asleep and woken up by my heart beating very rapidly (but regular, if I remember right), then it went back to normal after approx. 30 seconds. I didn't feel lightheaded during these, just a little shocked at what had woken me up and wondering why it happened.

I am 26, female, 55kgs. I had my gallbladder removed in 03/10 (adhesions), diganosed with Graves Disease in 07/12 (as hyperthyroid in 05/12) and have been euthyroid and off medication for 3.5 months now. No other diagnosed medical conditions. Every test I have is perfect - except bicarbonate and bilirubin are usually high, VitD and VitB12 have been low and I now supplement both. I have been cleared of anxiety and psychosomatic disorders by my specialist. I still suffer from pressure-type headaches (MRI clear), constant fatigue and lightheadedness, chest pains, low concentration, and digestion troubles (sometimes I get an adrenaline feeling in my stomach/diaphragm area - still not sure that that is from).

I am wondering why I would still be having these heart issues, if they were caused by Graves and I am now euthyroid. My specialist is getting me an echo next month as a precaution, and testing me for B12 antibodies. He doesn't seem too worried, but he is also at a loss as to what could be causing my current symptoms. I have had a few EKGs and a 7-day Holter, both of which were clear (but of course the palps didn't happen during).

Will the echo pick up anything wrong, even if I'm not having skipped beats or any tachycardia at the time of the test? Or will it be necessary to have some other test to rule out every possible cause? Is there anything I can do to help the doctor figure this out?
Hi, sorry to hear you have joined the group of paps

When your having them, how often are you having them

Me I've had them most of to day off and on,  and I do have them for hours on hours at times and yes they have gotten worse as I've gotten older,

Echo are great for looking at the heart and seeing if all the values are in good shape and the walls of the heart,

There are other test like a stress test, that can tell about blockages

Hope you find your reason why your having them,  wish I could find mine,  stay in touch