Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Palps felt in stomach when standing

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Palps felt in stomach when standing
everywhere I read, people mention that they feel palpitations in their chest/throat...I feel most of mine in my stomach area....is there any significance to this?

also, the majority of my palpitations occur for about 15 seconds as strong, fast beats felt in my stomach when I get out of bed or stand up after sitting for a while....is this common?

thanks
If you have a structurally normal heart, a normal EKG, and a history and physical exam is unrevealing, then your situation is not different regarding prognosis.

Palpitations like that after standing up is probably just your heart rate increasing as you stand -- a normal response.  You just might be more aware than most of your heart beat.

Hope this helps.
WOW!! I get them in my stomach to! I get most of them there even when im in an every other beat attack. I guess one place or another its still a pain. I get them very often as a matter of fact i have them most days of the month.
I find that if i lay a pan or cast iron skillet "small" on my stomach they seem to bounce off that and i dont feel them as much. When i fall asleep im not aware of them at all.
good luck