Please share experiences
Our child had ablation for SVT about 48 hours ago. Today, he seems more tired than he was yesterday, and his heart rate goes up when he climbs the stairs, such that he has to stop and rest. It seems this may be expected as he recovers. For how long have others experienced such conditions after ablation? Second, how long can it take for any cyro av block to recover? Has anyone had an experience with that? Thank you...
My heart rate stayed elevated for about 3 months but especially the first few days afterwards.  It was also very jumpy for a while afterwards as well.  It probably took a good year for me to stop noticing my heart as much but I was starting to have daily symptoms before I got mine ablated so my recovery may have been longer but it didn't stop me from living a normal life.  Your son may never be totally free from his heart acting up but so long as the tachycardia is corrected that is a good thing for the long term health of his heart.  I however, cannot comment on any blocks that occur as a result of the ablation.  Hopefully someone will jump on and comment on that.  Best of luck and keep us posted how your son is.