Post 3rd ablation and Tachacardia
post 2 1/2 weeks after my ablation for afib/flutter, i had a heartbeat of 200. went to e.r. and was diagnosed with whatever, whatever tachacardia (spelling?). doctor said it could be from irritation inside my heart from ablation. i was converted and put on a drug i had taken that helped me pre ablation of Rhythmol. Now i am on 21 day monitor to see if it was a sucessful ablation this time.
It can take several weeks for the irritation from an ablation to settle down. I've had 3 ablations so I know. Typically an ablation for a-fib is pretty involved so it may take 2-3 months. In the meantime the rhythmol may help control the bursts of tachy you've been getting. Any idea how long they last? My post ablation tachy times usually last less than a minute and rarely up to 15 minutes.

The monitor will help them find out exactly what type of atrial tachycardia you're having now and decide what to do next. You may find the episodes taper off on their own, become less frequent and are shorter in duration.
people like you make persons like me more at ease.
i did have tachy only once after my 3rd ablation but it was hours long. i went to my drs. office and they did an ekg and as soon as i could get to their office. from there they wheeled me to the e.r. (same hospt) and after a hour or so of breathlessness and a feeling of dome, they medicated me enought so that it settled down to about 78 bpm. after that the u. of m. which they were in touch with, decided to put me back on rhythmol as it helped me before. i have not had any more tacy in the 3 mos. fooling that ablation and am now on the 21 day monitor to check the 21 days out to see if once again i am free of afib/flutter.
I do hope your heart is healing well. If I'm reading your posts correctly, it's been 3 months since your ablation and a little over 2 months since you ended up in ER with the tachy. If so, then it sounds like you are truly on the mend. Here's hoping the monitor is a waste of time :-) and that your heart is now behaving itself.