Heart Rhythm Community
Post abalation experience

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Post abalation experience

Did any of you had an experence of having 3rd degree avnode block post abalation for atrial flutter?

3rd degree block resulted in me having a pacemaker :(  But I feel getting my normal rythm is better than being on pacemaker.

I am scared on the complications people face with pacemakers.

Are there any chances of AV node recovery?

Thanks,
heraftr
Hi everything I have ever heard or read that once a 3rd degree or total block is performed you are the regimented to a pacemaker forever. Your resting heart rate may go into the low 30s but with the pacemaker controlling the rhythm between the upper and lower chambers you should be fine. Pacemakers have come a long way in technology so don't be overly concerned. You don't give your age or any of the particulars that lead up to this but it must have been somewhat severe and in cases like this you should now enjoy an increase in your quality of life.

best of luck
gary