Post cryoablation concern.. bruising
I had cryoablation done Tuesday July 6th.  Last night, I was playing with my phone and took a picture of my bruising, so I'd have that memory forever lol.  Today, it looked considerably worse, and I was glad that I took the picture last night.  Comparing last night to today, the bruise has spread from my leg into my pelvic area a little, which doesn't concern me.  What does, however, is how much more deep, concentrated purple there is around the incision sight.  Being 3 days out from the procedure, should it still be getting worse??  It's not taking over my whole thigh or anything but it does concern me.  What is normal and when should I be concerned?
First off congrats on your ablation.  The bruising is definately normal.. I think i did every shade of the rainbow a couple of times.  I would only be concerned for myself if it was my body if the area became hot to the touch, became swollen or inflamed and painful.  Everyones body is different with bruising because there are so many factors involved with it but if you don't experience any of the symtoms i listed above i would relax and watch the picture show.  If you are still worried tho call the doc if it seems to be spreading and getting darker instead of lighter...good luck...what you described sounds pretty normal to me...i should have taken a pic too......
I'm due for an EP study this month.  With all the bruising I'm thinking this is going to be really painful.  I want to be put out but the EP says twilight and the only thing that will hurt will be numbing the groin.  How bad does that hurt??
They gave me the relaxation drugs early enough that I felt no pain, at all.  The bruising is more of a shock to see than it is painful.  You'll be a little sore/stiff feeling in the area for a few days, but nothing that has kept me from being mobile.  The only concern I have now is the skipped beats.  I had them occasionally before the surgery, but they are fairly regular now.  I bent over to pick something up today, and had what felt like 5-6 in a row, quick, like my SVT was trying to get a kick start, but didn't.  Checked my blood pressure right away, it was 129/96 with a sinus tach of 110 heart rate.  Wondering if this is something normal or not... if anyone with insight reads this, I'd appreciate an opinion.
Hi I was awake the whole time during my ep study. The doctor wants to keep you awake because he might ask some questions while hes doing the procedure.They do give you sedation medication so you should be pretty calm.It does feel alittle awkward when they make your heart race.It did hurt alittle when they numbed it but nothing that was unbearable.It did leave quite a bruise ,and was still quite tender but the bruise was gone in a couple of weeks.What is the problem your having?I have atrial tach and atrial fib.I still have yet to find the right doctor to fix this problem with cryoablation.