Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Pre-excitation

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Pre-excitation
Hi I was taken into hospital following  blackouts and fast heart rates over 150 while resting. They have diagnosed me as having pre-excitation syndrome and put me on 50mg of antenol which seems to be helping, but i still get chest pain, shortness of breath and dizziness and extremely tired alot im not working as I have been sick following an op on my stomach so its not due to over working. Please can you tell me whether these symptoms are from the pre-excitation or from the tablets in taking and what can I do to help eliviate my symptoms and return to work, i work with mental health patients and Im not very good if I have to sit down all the time. thank you
Atenolol is notorious for making some people very fatigued.  There are other beta blockers that do not cause symptoms like this.  Talk to your doctor about trying another beta blocker like metoprolol.  If these symptoms were present before starting the atenolol, it is not from your atenolol.  Pre excitation syndromes can often be cured with ablation.  You may want to consider an EP procedure to cure the fast heart rhythm.  The pre excitation syndrome alone does not cause fatigue.

Does that answer your question.

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much, this very helpful
I like your picture of House.
Thank you like yours to.