Problem with Amioderone
My mother was started on Amioderone about 2 months ago for Atrial Tachycardia.  She has a history of a mitral valve replacement (after the repair failed) and a failed tricuspid valve repair-not fixed.  She has emphysema and congestive heart failure.  Since she was started on Amioderone she has been taken off 2 of her blood pressure medications because of low blood pressure.  She is on Coreg 10.5mg BID besides the Amioderone 200mg qd.  She is also on Bumex.  She is very listless and short of breath all the time now.  The dr. says the Amioderone is very hard on the lungs but there is nothing else he can do.  Is this true?  Does Amioderone correct the problem and eventually you can get off of it?  Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your mother.  This question is beyond my knowledge.  I was on Amiodarone after my a-fib (in fact I cardioverted on it).  I do know that side effects associated with pulmonary function are a concern.  Does your mother have a pulmonary specialist to discuss this with?

Also, do a web search on an investigational drug dronedarone.  It looks like a replacement for Amiodarone (same beneficial effects with significantly less side or unwanted effects).  However, it looks like it still could be a while until it is approved (although Phase III clinical trials have been completed).  Best wishes.  Sorry I can not help more.