Heart Rhythm Community
Progesterone and PVCs/PACs

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Progesterone and PVCs/PACs

My Dr wants me to start taking natural progesterone in the middle of my cycle. I already suffer from PACs/PVCs during this time of the month. I worry this may make them worse. He seems to think it will make them much better. Anyone else have experience with this??

Thanks.
Does he want you to take the progesterone to help your palpitations!?? Ive never taken It but I can attest to having an increased number of palps during that time of the month. I am currently suffering from horrible palps. My period was almost 2 weeks late, Im guessing from antibiotic use. But Im praying the increase in palps is only because of hormones.
He thinks it will help the palps as well as several other symptoms. I get 90% of my PVCs/PACs the 2 weeks before my period. It seems pretty clearly hormone related.

The more reading I have done, the more nervous I am about starting this medicine. I have read that it can actually make arrhythmias worse, increase risk of clots and heart attack. This makes me VERY paranoid. Just not sure what to do.
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you were.. Just been prescribed progesterone 100mg pills to take half way through my cycle for 10 days. I've been having an awful time with attacks of PVCs, tens of thousands per day :-( and couplets. It does seem like many of my health problems could come down to low progesterone so I'm quietly hopeful this will be the big fix I've been searching for. But the idea of taking that first pill terrifies me after already going to the emergency room twice in the last month due to severe pvcs and fainting.
How did it work out for you?? Was there an increase at all when you first started? Has it helped to clear them up over time?
Piparskeggr commented on Pip sick...
May 20
6 Snacks You Can Make with Protein ...
May 20 by gymdandee
LindaTX commented on Jade59's status
May 18