Prolonged QT interval?
I'm a 26-year old woman and I'd need some advice regarding my QT values. If I understand correctly, QTc intervals of less than 440 ms are considered to be normal, whereas QTc intervals of 440 ms to 460 ms in men and 440 ms to 470 ms in women are considered borderline. A couple of days ago I had an ECG. My QT/QTc was 412/447 ms at a heart rate of 71 bpm. Is this something to worry about (long QT syndrome)? I've been suffering from PVCs every day for over a year, but my heart should be structurally fine according to an echocardiogram. During the past few months I have had short bursts of an accelerated heartbeat with fluttering sensation and sometimes irregular heartbeat. I've decided to have 24-hour Holter monitoring again, just in case.
I don't know much about long QT but if the doctor wasn't concerned I wouldn't be either.  I think the value can be affected by the heart rate itself so I wouldn't worry too much.  Also, many people have premature beat activity but in an otherwise healthy heart it really is of no concern.  It's good to get a full evaluation of the heart to know what is going on but most people can live with the extra beats without being in any danger.  In general the best bet is to watch and mange the things that are the biggest triggers for premature beats.  Avoid caffeine, sugar and carbs as much as possible.  Drink plenty of water.  address any stomach issues especially acid reflux and gerd and manage stress and anxiety.  Unfortunately once we start getting premature beats we are susceptible to always getting them but managing the big triggers can help lessen the impact they have on us. Take care.