Heart Rhythm Community
Pulsation in left upper back

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Pulsation in left upper back

I'm a healthy 22 year old female, over the past few months, I've noticed that when I lay down, I can feel my heart beating on the left side of my spine. Also I've noticed that when I sit with my legs crossed, my body tends to rock slightly insync with my heartbeat. Should I be worried about my aorta?
I take it from your brief post that you do not have any other symptoms, nor have you been examined by a doctor relative to your current symptoms.  I also take it the heart beat is regular and about 1 per second at rest, i.e., very normal.  If not tell us more.

In the absence of any other symptoms I think it good to try to put the subject our of your mind, and perhaps trying resting in a different position, e.g., on your side, or other side, or back... and see it the pulsation diminishes.  
You are probably just feeling your pulse in places you are not used to. When I turned about 19, I started being aware of my heart beat when I layed down and could feel it in my neck when I walked up stairs.
Your symptoms aren't indicitave of anything abnormal.