Pulsing pain along jaw

Thanks for your time.  I had asked this symptom of my doctor, but he didn't know an answer, So i thought i would throw it out there to see if anyone can assist.

I have a strange sensation along my jaw it is like a strong pulse and dull pain. It moves around, along the top of the jaw, underneath the jaw.  Comes and goes.

I had this about 6 years ago for a few weeks, then it went away, it came back about a month ago, once again lasted a week then left.

Both these times I was under stress/anxiety and I put it down to that.

This time, it has come back again, but I am not stressed or worried, So I have no idea what it is.

It seems to be in the locations of my lymph nodes, but I dont think/know if it is them.  My partner is a nurse, and she checked my glands and they are NOT swollen, and I have NO fever.

Once the pain starts, I start to worry and worrying definately makes the pulsing feel more prominent.

Can anyone assist?

It sounds like it could be a TMJ problem, meaning Temporal Mandibular Joint. When you open and shut your jaw, do you hear clicking? Try putting you finger on the bone just under the ear, open and shut the jaw, does it feel funny, hurt, or make a "cracking" noise. Are you ears plugged of feel full. There are so many TMJ symptoms, I can not begin to list them, but, it sure can cause jaw pain, in fact, it can sometimes even cause upper chest pain. I would see an orthodontist, he will run some tests on the jaw area and be able to tell you more of what is going on.

Oh, do your clench your teeth or when sleeping, been told you grind your teeth? This is also TMJ related and will cause the jaw to hurt.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, if hold my finger on the joint and open my jaw I feel a cracking on the right side.

I dont think I grind or clench my teeth when I sleep.

The pulsing comes and goes, but is bloody anoying, trying to sleep just get this throb from my chin/jaw area.

Thanks, I'll get it looked at, just worried it was my glands.
The hard part about teeth grinding is you never know you're doing it, because you're asleep.  I once ground a hole in a feeling and never knew it.  My wife will sometimes tell me in the morning that I was making awful noises and wonders how I even have any teeth left the way I can grind them.  

As I was reading your post I was thinking like Susie was, either a cavity or TMJ or teeth grinding.  Or even severe clenching of the jaw.