Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
QRS AXIS INVERTED MINUS 120 DEGREES.

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

QRS AXIS INVERTED MINUS 120 DEGREES.

Dear All,
I am a 35 yr old male.Non smoker.light drinker. health concious.No drug use.
I have had non sustained VTs regularly since 1997 with an extreme axis deviation of  minus 120 degrees.
After 10 years they finally picked up my VTs as all other ECG tests proved normal.
Now they suspect RVOT but are testing for ARVC just in case.
My question is does anybody else have an exteme axis inversion of 120 degrees minus?
Is this dangerous?
What can cause this?
I have not had a MI,no chest pain,or syncope.
My cardiologist with 40 years experience has never seen this !
Please help if you can.
Thank you.
Please help!!
Is this dangerous?

If you means negative 120 degrees, this cannot be RVOT.  In RVOT, the axis must be between o and 180 degrees.  This might be a miscommunication as I am only guessing what you mean by 120 degrees minus.

What can cause this?

You would need to see the entire EKG to make an educated guess about the location and chamber involved.  Verbal or written descriptions can be misleading.  If you aren't sure what is going on, it is probably worth a second opinion from a heart rhythm specialist.  If you decide to get a second opinion, it would help to take the echocardiogram, EKG of the VT, your normal EKG and any other testing with you.

I hope this helps.  Thanks for posting.
Dear Sir,
my VT was pin pointed  at the RVOT. At the apex of the RV.
My axis is also called Northwest syndrome.(  ie pointing north west if looking at the heart from the front )
My cardiologist says that perhaps i may have two unconnected abnormalities or possibly they are connected.
Does this make things clearer?
Any thoughts?
Thank you.
The RV apex is 180 degrees from the RVOT, they are not the same thing.  If the Axis is negative 120, that is not RVOT.   I am not saying your doctors are wrong, after all they have seen the EKG, but an axis of -120 is not from the RVOT.  This is complicated and probably requires looking at the EKG.  If it is too confusing, it might be worth a second opinion with an electrophysiologist to make sure they agree.