Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Quiestion I have

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Quiestion I have

What is a st.elevation in V!?  and I have a Right bundle branch block?
Hi Bip,

I think what you are asking me is do you have Brugada syndrome or just a right bundle branch block.  I have included two links that show the EKGs of Brugada syndrome and a simple right bundle branch block.  The ST elevation is the elevation above basesline of the segment from S to T wave.  To be honest you have to look at a lot of EKGs before this makes sense.

Things that would make you worry about this being more than a right bundle branch block are a history of syncope or near syncope, a family history of premature sudden death (young age 20’s to 60’s).

• Patients with syncope and an abnormal Type 1 ECG are at higher risk
• Asymptomatic patients at risk can be identified
o Presence of spontaneous Type 1 ST-segment elevation
o Characteristics of the S wave
o Presence of late potentials
o Inducibility of VT/VF using PES.

http://askdrwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Brugada_syndrome
http://www.askdrwiki.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Right_Bundle_Branch_Block

I hope this answers your questions and doesn’t confuse you or make you more worried.  The incidence of Brugada syndrome is pretty low.
Just want tp know if that is something to worry about? Cause on my ekg I had a ST. elevation in V1 and a Right Branch bundle block......Thanks
Hi bip,

Go for a treadmill stress test.  The dr can diagnose there when you've a rest.  He gave me a stack of report (27 pages).  Take care.
Hi, I had a flecainde test  they took a ekg every hour for 3 hours and it came out negative.... Would of that showed brugada?
i have had a tia.been scanned in spain,cat scans mrietc by gp in england is adamant that the problem could be a rare migraine!!!!!!  today i was having a traetment at a pain clinic and the same symptoms happenned again, at first my whole body went numb then my speech went ,my face went numb.after this wore  i couldn't lift my left arm for around 10 minutes or move my left leg.the right side of my face was numb. last tome the tia lasted for about a minute,this time the actual attack(not the after effecte) lasred for around 10 minutes, they are getting worse not better.they sent me home from the pain clinic and said not to worry it was probably a consequence of the spinal i had had.even though i had had a previous tia and i am seeing a neurologist in th uk. i am so disheartened with health care in the uk. bernard england
if the right bundle was intermittent and related to Brugada, it would have come out on the EKG.  If the right bundle was there during the test, that makes interpretation more difficult.