Heart Rhythm Community
Rapid Heart Beat with Costochondritis

Join others experiencing Heart Rhythm issues. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Rapid Heart Beat with Costochondritis

I am a 25 year old female and am diagnosed with Costochondritis.  I have been getting rapid heart beats, along with chest pain, and at times trouble breathing and tightness in my chest.  Should I go to the hospital?

Cassie
Any advice?
Hi i read your post cmasse.  Well the last three symtoms (symptoms) are a part of costochondritis so that is not a worry.  My question is are you getting the rapid heart beats because of those last three symtoms (symptoms) and you are getting yourself worried.  alot more people than you think suffer from this and most times as you are aware it goes away by its or with the help of IB or another anti inflamitory oops sorry about the spelling.  It in itself is just painful and irritating as heck i know and eventually most people that get this it passes and will all be just a memory for you....kind of like the feeling of blebs in your lungs...man o man it hurts but does go away.. if you've not been diagnosed with hear problems i probably wouldn't hit the E,R, unless my pulse rate really jumped up there and i mean over 140 so monitor yourself and take your pulse.  Anxiety can cause it to jump but i am sure you'll be just fine...your diagnosis is generally what is called paraxomol or occasional so you'll have to learn to live with it temporarily i;m sure...good luck, don't panic....
Thank you for replying.  I have new symptoms with my chest pain.  I have pain in my left arm and shoulder with numbness, and pain in my right arm.  The chest pain is still the same.  I have pain in my jaw, back, neck, and upper ribs.  I also get tingling in my fingers on my right hand.  I don't know if these are signs of a heart attack or the symptoms of what my doctor still thinks is Costochondritis?

Cassie
Thank you for replying.  I just found out that I have a heart murmur and Costochondritis. Is a heart murmur dangerous?

Also, why am I feeling the pain on the left side of my face? I also still have pain in my left and right arm and shoulder, also in my jaw. The pain can get worse at times.

Cassie