Rapid Heart Rate After Cardiac Ablation
I had a cardiac ablation on 1/27/11. It was for atrial fibrillation. It was my 2nd one. The 1st was 4/28/09. After the most recent one, I've been having repeated episodes of rapid heart rate, between 160-180 beats per minute. It's almost always in this mode and sometimes I get dizzy. While this happened prior to the surgery, it didn't happen much. Is this normal? I didn't have this problem after the first ablation. The only problem was the A. Fib came back. The second ablation seems to have caused the rapid heart rate, which is very frustrating. Please let me know when I should consider this to be a problem vs. normal recovery. Four weeks seems to be a long time. I'm 48, male, don't smoke or drink, am 6 feet and 160 lbs. My eating habits are extremely healthy. I haven't worked out though due to the concern with my heart. Thank you.
4 weeks isn't enough time to say whether there's a legitimate problem or not.  Most EP's will tell you to give it at least 3 months.  My ablation was for for something completely differrent, SVT, I'm stilling feeling an occasional short weak run once in a while along with PVC's.  I'd say relax and give it some time.  Your heart is really P.O.'d after the workout it received!