Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Really bad chest pain

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Really bad chest pain

I am 24 years old and experience bad chest pain right now. I wake up with it every single morning, but it goes away right now it's not going away. It is accompanied by shortness of breath and and real fast heart palpitations. I've gotten it ever since i took this online herbal blend, which was later found out it contained unknown harmful chemicals. Also since I started taking this one herbal blend called Spice Gold, which can be googled. I do not do that stuff anymore. I have also acute anxiety. I doubt anybody can help me, but I just want an out take if possible. My heart has now since slowed, but when it does beat fast, it goes suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper fast, I mean like, insanely fast.
Talk to your doctor about the chest pain.  It sounds more like an anxiety issue than actually a heart problem.  It is true that acute anxiety will raise your blood pressure. If you are waking up with it every morning it sounds like morning panic attacks, but that is for a doctor to help you determine with a face to face interaction.

I hope you feel better.
my hands and feet are numb, i feel like i am going to pass out.
i also take prozac, klonopin, multivitamens. i am slim, 157 lbs, 5'10
i also take asthma inhalers (flovent albuterol), and i also drink tons of water. i also take singular. the pain right now is off and on.
mostly when i just breath in. now wait now its back.
it's hypertension. i figured it out, sorry for posting so much. because last time i was borderline and it's due to anxiety that i get high blood pressure. i had very bad anxiety earlier due to the fact that i might lose my right eye.
Yeah I figured out that it was hypertension being caused by acute anxiety, it raised my blood pressure and got me all messed up, because i got a headache, nausea, but i wasn't hyperventilating, and i remember i had that same feeling last time my blood pressure was up. Herbal blends gave me anxiety issues. Already got prozac, psychotherapist/psychiatrist referal, etc. Thank you for your response. I will break this..
Hey i am having the same thing, i wake up and my hand feels numb, and i woke up with palpitations once, I have occasionally vaigue chest pains during the day, but am probably feeling very anxious.

Previously when i smoked too much of this i had servere palpitations for 4 days, but this time i smoked less and am just getting chest pains, foolishly i only smoked a bit more this time but it seems to be more lingering, i have now thrown it away.

How long did it take to go away for you?

Spice Gold I learned can really mess some people up, while some are fine smoking it some aren't. I would get a blood test just to be on the safe side. How long have you been smoking it for? and how have you tried calming yourself down? So far from what you described it is more than likely just anxiety that it's given you (it has very strong properties of that. stimulant properties). If you go in describe the same exact feelings you are getting, don't mention anything about anxiety, just say you took this herbal blend, see what they say.

About Spice not to make your anxiety worse but let me say Spice Gold irritated not my throat but my esophagus, still irritated now for 2 months today im going in as a matter of a fact, it gave me swallowing issues. SG irritated my nasal passages a lot. SG gave me these bad head aches with nausea i have one right now, just took anti nausea medication for it. Messed up my stomach (vomiting, breathing issues, irritated lining) i have to see a gastro specialist on that now. SG also robbed me of iron, and potassium which gave me hypokelemia. SG also raised my blood pressure and gave me borderline hypertension. Let me say I am a health freak and daily exerciser who is 6'0 and weighs 156 lbs, and eats right, and drinks plenty of water, and never takes any other vitamins or anything like that due to there unsafe deficiencies. So i was a perfectly healthy individual before taking Spice Gold, until now. I am 24 baldness does not run in our family and I am also going bald now. Spice gold and blends a like are the only things I did for 6 months, vaporized mostly, smoked in a waterpipe for the last month, but vaporized last when it irritated my throat last. My throat was fine the entire 6 months. There have been many reported cases of people also blacking out on Spice Gold. Just to toss that in there about Spice and other herbal blends a like. They are also known to contain phthalates. So anyway that's the only reason I mention going in to the ER.
ah right man, i have only smoked it twice, im gunna go 2 the doctors 2moro cuz i had a tiny bit a week ago n im sure its been agrovating me this week, think my heart rate is screwing up or something. Chest pain has gone now, but whenever i exercise it seems to spark off palpitations but im not sure if thats jsu cuz i am unfit. :S.
oh and i have only smoked it twice, the first time i smoked a joint without knowing its potency, the second time i only smoked a bit accdiently a week later, forgetting i put it in with tobacco and that is what has been having an effect on me. That was exactly a week ago pretty much.
Oh yeah that's nothing (the amount you have had). I use to vaporize 3 grams a day for those 6 months. In fact I still have Spice Gold, but I just stick to eating it now since my esophagus is messed up temporarily. I work out every day it never affects my heart rate (though I use to think it did affect my heart, but I found out it was just anxiety it gave me and incorrect breathing I was doing). But I would go in just to be on the safe side just to get all your vitals checked if your chest pains continue, and have the doctor determine if there is anything wrong, or if a blood test is required (probably not).
A related discussion, Spice Gold!!!???? was started.