Heart Rhythm Community
Response to large number of PVC's

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Response to large number of PVC's

I am a 65 year old male in good general and cardiac health who shows a PVC on every heartbeat on a 24-hour holter monitor.  I demonstrate none of the classic symptoms except occasional (~3% of the time) lightheadness upon rising.  No fatigue or significant heart palpations.  PB- 120/70, pulse - 45. Am I at increased risk for more serious afibulation conditions?  What might be an appropriate response?
I assume you got some diagnosis from the doctor prescribing the Holter... Or was that a DIY effort?

I'm do not suffer from PVC, but as you've not gotten any other responses I'll injects some questions.  I wonder what a PVC every heart beat means, and how to you relate that to the "pulse-45".  Are you saying your resting HR is 45?  How is that counted, does that mean your underlying HR is 22 and you have another 23 due to PVCs?

PVC is from what I have read the most common heart rhythm problem, but given your age and the extra pulse signals you have I would watch for AFib symptoms.  I think AFib is the most common rhythm problem among us over 65.
PVCs in themselves are not dangerous. They do not preceed a more fatal rythym. What they docs like to do is make sure there is not heart disease causing the PVCs. If none is found, they are concerned benign.

You have a PVC every other beat, is that correct?  When you get into the 10,000 + range of PVCs daily they something will consider treatment if it is causing symptoms etc.
Common pvcs with a pulse of 45 sounds like you are in bigeminy.  I would think if you had them every beat you would be in ventricular tachycardia and present at a faster rate with symptoms.  It is good you do not suffer any symptoms from your pvcs but definitely see a cardiologist to rule out heart disease.  I am not certain pvcs are a precursor or cause of afib but take these questions to your doctor as he would have they best knowledge on any health risks you might be under with your age and heart health.  Take care.
Paxiled commented on Individuals with soci...
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
gymdandee commented on Individuals with soci...