Resting HR Elevated After PVI Ablation
Hi - I had a PVI ablation about 3 weeks ago. I think I'm recovering nicely but I'm certainly not running any races yet. I'm sticking with yoga and walking until my chest stops hurting and the lump and bruising are gone from my thigh.

The only concern that I have is that my resting heart rate has increased about 30 BPM. It's constant. My resting rate used to be in the 43 - 58 range and now it's 75 - 85 BPM and has been this way since the ablation. I'm starting to get used to it but I have to admit I had a hard time sleeping the first week or so.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal and expected? Does it settle back to normal after a certain period of time or is this my new rate?

Thanks!
I was told by my Ep that it is common to have a higher rate after ablation. My heart rate like yours was in the fifties. After my ablation it was in the 80's. Now it has been a year since my ablation my heart has "settled" down and my rate is usually in the 60's.
Hi there. Same here, I'm 31 year old male, had pvi Cryoablation 4 weeks ago. Also my rest hr was in the low 50s and now is late 60s, I was also worried about this thinking my fitness level had declined! Also I'm getting a lot of ectopic beats? Is this anything you can relate to?