Heart Rhythm Community
Rhythm ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Rhythm ?

Can you feel PVC's and PAC's in your chest when you place your hand on you chest. I really dont feel them just sitting here, but when my hand is on my chest I feel it pumping.

Also, can you feel these extra beats or skipped beats in your pulse on your wrist when they happen?
Hello...

If I place my hand on my chest, I can feel the ectopic beats. If I then try to take my pulse, there is a noticable pause between beats. I notice the PVC's more than the PAC's.

Consider youself one of the lucky ones, if you do not notice them unless you put your hand on your chest:)
Ty for the input brooke.  
i've never tried to feel them with my hand on my chest, as odd as that sounds.  I always feel them (strongly) in my neck and/or chest without having to feel for them.  they make themselves annoying known.  it's a gross feeling.  they seem to be gone before I can get my hand on my chest usually.
I feel them strongly in my chest and neck. So very disturbing.
I never have to look for them - like nervouslady, I can always feel them.  I feel the PVC, the pause and the hard beat afterward.

What's interesting to me is how some people say they can "see" the extra hard beat.  It's interesting because for as long as I can remember, if I'm laying down, I can watch my shirt bob up and down just for my regular rhythm.  My heart has rolled pencils off my chest.  Sometimes if I'm laying on my side a certain way and it's really quiet, I can see that my entire body is gently rocking to the beat of my heart.  And since it's always been that way, I've never associated it with any problems.  Don't know if that's good or bad.