Road vibration causes increase in heart rate
I have ARVC and was fitted with an ICD approx 7 years ago. I suffered many VT's and subsequent shocks untill last October when I was treated with ablation. Since then my heart rythm has been fairly stable except when travelling along a bumpy road in a car with fairly hard suspension. This has got worse since my pacing technician adjusted the Rate Response, Activity Threshold from Medium Low to Low. She adjusted the setting because I complained that I need a bit more "go" when exerting myself or walking up hill. My heart rate now seems to jump from about 60 to 100 with no additional effort, just vibration, and I feel pretty awful as a result. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Could someone explain why this is happening? Thank you.
I have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and I have a vitatron c60 dr pacemaker.

I have two stents also I have atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation. Last year I had an ablation and my pacemaker was adjusted, ever since I have experienced angina attacks when exerting myself and especially when travelling by car with a hard suspension on a bumpy road. The pains are so bad that we have to pull off the road until I recover. I use my nitromin spray which does help. I did not connect the bumpy roads with my attacks at first.

I only realised recently that vibrations were responsible for these angina attacks when using my mobility scooter on rough ground. I am able to walk but not very far due to these angina attacks.

None of the so called specialists I have consulted have ever heard of angina caused by travelling in a car or mobility scooter on bumpy ground.

You are the first person I have found who has experienced the same symptoms as me!

I unfortunately do not have a solution to the problem. My GP has suggested sitting on a cushion?  Also it might be agitation to the probe of the pacemaker?

Sorry I could not help

Irene
I also have these pains and no one understands what is happening. I have afib, a pacemaker, 4 bypasses, one stent, and take nitro for angina. I  too have wanted to pull off the road but just kept going to get away from the bumps. I will see my cardiologist next week and will bring these comments to him. The pacemaker is not picking up these events even when I give them the exact time and dates. I think it may be a form of afib that does not go above 130. Not sure. It is comforting to know I am not alone. Thanks
I have an ICD and the same symptoms when traveling on a bumpy road. Doctor doesn't believe me. I have to pull over a rest often times 30 minutes or more then dread continuing on. I even take longer routes to avoid known bumpy roads. This may sound bad but I'm glad to hear other have the same issue.