Aa
A
A
Close
SVT, WPW, going on 3rd ablation
I'm 16 and was diagnosed with SVT last year. I've had two RF ablations done and both have been unsuccessful. I recently went to see another electrophysiologist and right after I got an EKG, he mentioned that I also have WPW. I've never heard of this from my first electrophysiologist and now I'm confused. This second doctor also said that he does cryoablations (freezing instead of burning) and I was wondering if anybody else has had the cryoablation done.
Also, the my first doctor is a pediatrician electrophysiologist, but the second one just does adults but agreed to do the ablation on me.
So now I don't know which doctor should do my third and hopefully last ablation.
Thanks for any input, it's greatly appreciated!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have SVT and WPW has been mentioned in my case although I'm not sure if I have that particular type. Whatever you do seek the advice of a major heart facility EP.  I read people on here stating certain doc's won't do ablation until it gets worse etc.  My local hospital EP will do them at request (for me anyway).  That hospital has done three of mine and I had one at Cleveland Clinic.  MY local EP recently mentioned trying me again.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm an experiment.    I asked him, what can you do this time that you didn't do last time?   Anyway my advice is make sure it is an experienced Doc!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
2 hrs ago
566249 tn?1294661218
Blank
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
13 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
21 hrs ago
Heart Rhythm Community Resources