SVT Ablation
My 16 year old son had Ablation surgery last Thursday.  He had SVT and was able to have it diagnosed due to it being recorded at ER twice.  We had the surgery done in a pediatric cardiology unit...wonderful hospital.  He is an extremely anxious child partly die to his SVT condition and not knowing if and when he would have 250 BPM ...scary.  the ablation went fairly amoothly he was in for about 5 hours ...they found the spot and ablated.  he is home and seems a bit sore but has complained about his legs feeling cold...then at times hot.  the color appear ok etc.  anyone had any experience with this?
I don't recall that happening to me but you may want to call the doctor to see what they have to say as well if you see any strange bruising definitely call.  But it is likely what he is feeling will subside in a day or two but if you are at all concerned then don't hesitate to call the doctor, better to be safe than sorry since they did go in through an artery.
You know I would also check to see if he has a temperature.  if he has one then definitely call the doctor up.
Setting aside the remote possibility of infection or a more possible blood clot, the entry site is very near nerve bundles which run down the leg.  He could be having some issues with the nerve inflamation.  I did not experience this, but I did walk with a limp for a couple of weeks afterwards.

In the weeks, and months ahead, your son will experience occasional jumpiness with his heart.  It's not uncommon to have 6 dozen beat runs of SVT, and occasional skips.  This is completely normal.  As I tell others, all the electrophysiologist did was create a scar barrier in the accessory path.  The path still exists except for a small break in it.  Situations can arise with there may be some feeble conduction across it.

So good to hear your son got it fixed.  I had it for nearly my entire life, from 6 to 60.  I too was anxious about getting episodes which occured as much as 3-5 times per month and which were the self sustaining kind and could run on and on if I didn't intervene to slow them by using Valsalva.  In a year or two, he will become accustomed to no longer having to deal with SVT, and will enjoy a normal life.
Thank you so much for your response...he has little or no bruising and his legs feel warm to the touch...his nails are pink and healthy and he has no pain in his legs except at the groin area where lines were inserted.  He had some bleeding from the right insertion site after surgery...after he was allowed to walk after laying flat for 4 hours...the nurse applied pressure at the site and he had to lay for 3 more hours.  He had no bleeding after this but this side hurts more.  I am glad for your encouragement about making the right decision to have this done for my boy....I had a terrible time with this decision....and it caused me many tears and stressful moments....as I sat waiting the 5 hours he was having the procedure I cried a couple times.....just wanting everything to be alright for him....your words have made me feel better about the decision.....I have vivid pictures in my mind of how afraid he would be lying on the emergency room table....sometimes a look of terror...while being treated for this condition.....I have such hope he will gradually relax and be a typical teen boy...he told me once a few months ago..."I just want to feel like I used to before this thing with my heart, Mom....just normal" ......I wish for that too my son! Thank you for your reach out...I appreciate you more then you know! :-)