SVT Tachycardia
I was diagnosed with SVT Tachycardia back in 2004, after many years of fast fast-low pulse, fast heart rates.   I have at times when my heart is beating fast, grown tired enough to take short napes where I have dreams, then wake up feeling stupid. This has happened while working, studying, school, or even talking with people, but theses are speratic at best and I am still able to function as a normal human being.  I am currently taking Cartia XT ER for my heart condition.

Are there other techniques one can use to fight against SVT Tachycardia?

Can SVT Tachycardia become serious enough, making one to be put on disability?
Has anyone discussed vagal maneuvers with you? Sometimes those help to break the speedy heart rate before it wears you out or you pass out. I find it works best for me if I try it within the first couple of minutes. If I wait much longer it doesn't work as well if at all.

If the Cartia isn't working for you, perhaps another med will help more. What about an ablation? I don't know how often you get the svt, at what rate or how long your episodes last, but it does sound like it's interfering with your everyday life. Perhaps an ablation would help.
SVT can be very difficult to live with.  Agree with Ireneo - ask about an ablation.

Ablation has a cure rate of 95% for SVT.  It should never be taken lightly though and you need to fully educate yourself before going that route.  I had one back in January and have not had one episode of the debilitating tachycardia since.  The medication I was taking had stopped working and it had reached the point where ablation became my best option.