SVT only happens when asleep???
Hello, I am a 31 year old female recently diagnosed with SVT via  a 30 day monitor.  I have NEVER had an episode while awake.  It only happens after I fall asleep and then I am suddenly awakened by my SVT.  Has anyone ever had this?? Someone please help =(  It is VERY scary!
Hi Steph.  I've had several episode of SVT initiation while asleep, and you're right, it scared me instantly awake.  Unlike you though, I had 99.99% of the hundreds of SVT episodes I had was while I was awake.

I'm not sure what caused the sleeping SVT.  Slower bpm rate, perhaps twisting my torso when I rolled over.  I don't really know.  Did you 30 day monitor record the episode?  Does it terminate on its own, or do you have to do something to slow it down?

I haven't had one for nearly 2 years.  I had an EP study, they found the trouble spot, and ablated it. Cured after 54 years of having it.
Hi, Im also 30 years old (female) and I have SVT throughout the day and during the night.  The night episodes are so scary.  We have not been able to catch a night one yet Bc I was on flecainide for 6 months and it masked it.  I got off the medicine and wore a 30 day monitor.  We only caught the daytime ones until 6 days after I got my monitor off, a night one happened :( so now my EP is about to put me back in a monitor.  If that doesn't work, I'm going to have a monitor chip implanted. It's good for 2 years.  He knows it's SVT at night, just don't know which kind and where.  If he can catch it, I can have an ablation.  My SVT at night is so bad that I almost pass out.  It only lasts like 2-5 minutes and terminates on its own.  What type of SVT was your night one?
I only get it while i sleep also
The two times I've had to go to ER due to me not being able to vagal myself out of SVT was when I was sleeping. I never really corrilated the events with sleeping and neither of my physicians mentioned this either but now i'm curious. I just got an ablation on Tuesday so hopefully I won't have to deal with it again. What treatment options are you looking into and have you had done?
I started having SVT when sleeping about 5 months ago. I had an ablation 12 years ago and had no episodes since then until my first one 5 months ago. I was doing a little research on it, and have found numerous sources stating that SVT while sleeping can start from sudden position changes. I know we can't do anything about that if we're changing positions while fully asleep, but I usually wake up right before I move around (from pain), so I'm going to try to keep my mind on changing positions more slowly to see if that helps.