Sharp pains month after SVT ablation
hello i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice i had an SVT Ablation on the 25th July 2011, the op was not a complete success as when they entered my right femoral vein they punctured my femoral artery apparently this is a rare case to happen but they managed to sort it, and entered via my left femoral vein with no problems, when i was discharged i had uncomfortable pain  for around 7 days which ended up with an infection 7 day course of antibiotics sorted it
Its now a month later and i'm still having a severe stabbing pain which travels down my leg it happens 4 - 5 times a day, it comes as a shock and takes my breath away enough to drop me to my knees, the pain is only there for about 10 seconds but i get a throbbing pain soon after which i take co-codamol 30/500 for it these only numb the throb not the sharp pain  has anyone got any advice what it could be and what to do about it?
thankyou very much in advance
Rob
Have you talked to your doctor about the pain. I would go back to my doctor and find out what is going on.
Sounds to me like they hit a couple of nerves during the procedure. I would get it checked out though just to be on the safe side. Take care