Sharp pains under left breast, breathing makes the pain worse.
I'm a 16 year old female, and I have had this reoccuring problem for a few years.
A few months ago, I had a certain type of palpitation thay occured just about every week; I forgot what it was called, but my mother described it to me as "when your heart pumps too hard, and has to push more blood through."? It would be one big THUMP, and then a tiny one, and I could feel my blood rushing in my chest. It was very uncomfortable.
It's stopped, but now I'm concerned about another problem. This happens mostly when I'm eating, or just sitting down and relaxing. It hasn't happened in a few months, until a couple nights ago.
It feels like a sharp stabbing pain just underneath my left breast, or maybe even behind it, and it hurts like hell. When I hold my breath, it feels like a small painful heartbeat. When I start breathing again, it feels like once I fully take in a deep breath, someone has shoved a knife underneath my breast. The longest it's stayed has been a couple minutes, and the shortest was maybe thirty seconds. The pain just increases the more I breathe. Sometimes, I'll try to feel my heartbeat under my breast, and most of the time, it's faster and quieter.
I haven't brought it up to any of my parents in fear of getting checked out just to the result that "nothing" is wrong there, and they've wasted their money. (I also faint when I get my blood taken, so I would faint for nothing as well)
My mother has a history of heart problems, as does her father, especially with his arteries. My father's mother has high blood pressure, and I'm not sure if his father has any heart problems.
I've looked this up, but I wanted some advice before I go and try to get checked out.
Thanks!
Hard to say what it is.  It could be heart related or it could be something with your stomach like an ulcer.  If we are stressed out from pain it can cause our heart rate to elevate but hard to say what type of heart rate you are having without it being caught on a monitor.  If this is a common occurrence it should be easy to catch with a one day or 30 day event monitor.  But best to get it evaluate rather than wait for something bad to happen.  

The passing out with needles is common and is an autonomic response from fright.  It is nothing to worry about.  If you pass out from the symptoms you are having that would be a concern but if you are not that is a good sign that things are not dire but you should get evaluated if the pain persists.  

As for the thuds you were feeling, though again, no one can say without it being caught on a monitor, they sound like pvcs or premature beats.  They are harmless in an otherwise healthy heart but they can cause some temporary pain in the heart depending on when during the beat cycle they occur and where in the heart they are firing off from.  In any event, I do think it is best you tell your parents because I am sure they would want know. Take care.
You are describing the absolute classic symptoms of pleurisy, which is an inflammation of the delicate membrane layers that enclose the lungs.  They're supposed to slide easily over each other when the lungs change size as we breathe, but sometimes there's an inflammation that makes things stick or 'catch' when we inhale.  I've had it and it hurts like hell.

There are a number of causes, but the most common one is something like a cold virus or flu in the recent past.  People often get over it by themselves, but sometimes they need antibiotics, painkillers, etc.

You should tell your parents and ask to see a doctor.