Heart Rhythm Expert Forum
Side effects of Zolpidem?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Heart Rhythm forum cover topics that include heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Side effects of Zolpidem?

I have been on Zolpidem 10mg for quite a few months now. The Neurologist gave it to me for Insomnia. For a long time I took one at night just to help with insomnia. If I stop taking it, I do not sleep and my brain doesn't shut down. The last few months, things have been getting quite stressful with a new job in a new country. I started to get more headaches,muscle spasms and my ears got red with a very flushed feeling. I started to use more zolpidem, because I started to sleep less even when taking zolpidem, taking up to 2 and a half tablets at night. At some point I took 2 halves during the day at work to try help with stress. Sometimes my mouth was very dry and I struggled to swallow. Bizarrely, it did not make me too sleepy and felt like it was just relaxing me. I finally decided to leave that country and return to less stressful surroundings. I have now started to feel chest pain, with some heart palpitations and sometimes feeling short breathed. I don't have too much stress at the moment, but I'm taking less medication. Can't seem to stop it, otherwise I don't sleep. I'm feel the medication might be causing the symptoms. Is there anything else I should get for stress/anxiety? I obviously should get a replacement for the zolpidem. Is it dangerous to continue with these meds?