Aa
A
A
Close
Single Irregular Heart Beat During Exercise
I am in my mid twenty's 5'4" and not considered overweight, I do not smoke, I drink alcohol moderately, maybe a few drinks a few times a week, and as of my last physical have been given a clean bill of health. I do have asthma and have two inhalers, QVAR and Combivent. I take Orthotricyclen and take a 25mg generic sleeping aid at night. Other than that I am not on any medications.
Lately I have been exercising at least 4 times a week. I begin on the treadmill and walk for a bit at 3.5 mph, and then accelerate to 5.5mph at a decent jog. I continue this pace for about 5-10 min. When my heartbeat gets "up there" I will have a SINGLE irregular beat, like alomst a pounding out of my chest (almost similar to the feeling you get in your stomach on a rollercoaster or in an elevator, except this is what my heart feels like) It only happens once, like I said ONE SINGLE BEAT, but it may happen again if my heart rate either stays accelerated, or if I cool down and then begin my jog again. Its not a painful feeling. Just awkward and unsettling.
What could this be?? Should I see someone about it??
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
612551 tn?1450025775
If you have read a few of the posts on this forum you'll know that many people have extra heart beats, could be considered irregular.  In most cases, I believe, it is benign.  But it is something I think you should discuss with your doctor.

As you describe it I believe it chance of your doctor hearing or "seeing" ( on an EKG) is almost zero.  Thus I think it unlikely you doctor will be able diagnose... beyond a guess of it being a Premature Ventricle Contraction (PVC) which, as I've said, many people experience.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
Heart Rhythm Community Resources