Heart Rhythm Community
Sinus Node Reentry Tachycardia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Sinus Node Reentry Tachycardia

Hello.
I am a 30 year old female. One year ago I was diagnosed with Sinus Node Reentry Tachycardia (PSVT).  In order to diagnose the condition an EKG was done.  The results of the EKG were completely normal.  However, a Holter revealed that my heart rate was above 150 for a total of 2 hours and 27 minutes in a 24 hour time period and was in the 80s while I was sleeping.  I have been taking the beta blocker Nadolol for the last year and the difference is wonderful!
I have been researching this condition the last few months - more for the sake of my son than for myself.  My question is: Is Sinus Node Reentry Tachycardia (PSVT) hereditary?
I know heart disease is hereditary (which I have a long family history of heart disease but nothing like this).  I am just completely unable to find anything that gives a definitive answer to this question.  My 12 year old son has ADHD and is currently on Vyvanse.  My concern is if this disease is hereditary then I need to take steps to find out if he also has it. Which, by the way, I have started taking these steps regardless.  He had a EKG yesterday - which came back normal - but my original EKG came back normal as well.  I like to be well prepared and knowledgeable of these things when I am speaking with the doctor in order for me to be able to ask the right questions and understand the answers I am given.  I need help!

Any information you can give me would be helpful! Thanks!
federal health officials and the a...
10 hrs ago by gymdandee
How to burn the most calories
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
My experience with ablation for AVN...
Mar 31 by ryanj137