Heart Rhythm Community
Sitting here having PVC's and PAC's one after another!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

Hey guys, I am having a pity party. I have had it with these stupid beats. I am worn out with it and if I could talk the Doc into it I would go right now to have my 2nd ablation. I want to be free again. I am getting on everyones nerves at my house and I  am getting on my own nerves. I would love to have the past 6 years back. Is that being greedy? I can't understand what started them up again. I know that the doc said that they could be new troubled spots but are they going to keep continuing to come back time and time again? I have lost 13 pounds and have given up everything that I know of that have flared them off in the past. I barely eat, I barley leave the house for personal time, I hate to drive now. I am a WRECK!!!!!! I want my life BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cry all the time, I am scared all the time, I hate this type of life. I am usually a fun, outgoing, hardworking person. Now I feel like I have laid down and given up. My 99 year old Grandma has more life in her than I do. I am not scheduled until the first of Feb. for my workup. I don't think I can wait. I am sitting here strongly thinking about going to the ER and asking them to admit me so that I can get it over with. I a feed up, at wits end. I want peace. I know that I this won't hurt you but it is so debilitating. I am SCREAMMMMMINNNNGGGGG now!!!! Sorry guys I had to get that out of my system. Keep praying for me and I will let you all know what I decide to do. If it weren't for you all I would be motified. You all that have commented me back have been wonderful hope and strength for me. My quality of life has went from spectacular to pathetic. Well I am going to go to my room and continue my pity party there. Take care guys and thanks for listening.
Karen in Tennessee and wishing for a miracle.
I made some typo's because my mind is on my funky beats. Forgive me. I hope that you can make out the words that I botched up. Sorry.
This is a real hoot- ME counseling someone else to remain calm.  Karen, I'm a long time sufferer of panic disorder who also has SVT and A-fib.  The PVCs make me crazy,too!  I want to encourage you tonight to hang in there.  Do you have access to any really funny movies?  Heck, PINCH yourself if you must- I have placed a rubber-band on my wrist before and snapped it repeatedly while concentrating on counting backwards by 3s from 100.  Try it.  Also, if you're a praying person, do that to- ask the Lord to keep you in His watch-care and surround you with His presence and peace.  In the meantime, try to stop scaring yourself- I'm a pro at scaring myself, and it does nothing but add adrenaline.  I'm so very sorry for your suffering, Karen.  There are people on this site who have been in bigeminy (PVCs every other beat, nonstop) for MONTHES with no relief until the darn things just stop as soon as they came.  For myself, I was shocked to learn that many people also live in a permanent state of Atrial Fib.  The heart can really take alot!  Now, you just go right ahead and do what you must to regain composure even if it means that you are crawling on everyone's nerves- they'll get it over it!  

Amy
I have been suffering from PVCs also. It seems as though they are related to my messed up GI tract. If I take antacids and watch what I eat they will improve. I am going to try taking digestive enzymes and see if that helps both my GI tract and irregular heart beat. I have read that when your GI tract is messed up that the inflammation or gases put pressure on the vagus nerve which controls the electrical signals to your heart and heart rhythm. Do you have irritable bowel or GERD?
Amy,
Thanks for the words of encouragment. Yes I am a praying person and sometimes I think that God gets so tired of me saying,"God it is me again"!! I know that if we call upon him he is there. I truly believe that. By the way I did go take a movie right after I posted. I went to 27 Dresses. It was really good and I didn't notice as many of the little "DEMONS" while I was there. I have decided to try and stay calm because I do know that adreline plays a big factor in my problems. My work life and my home life is not the best in the world. I need a vacation. I need the Beach. Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. The best place on the face of the Earth. My little Granddaughter came to visit me last night and asked if she could come back today and I tild her yes but today has been so bad that I couldn't even call her. I feel bad for her. If I work hard I rarely have  any problems but if I sit still I am so geared in I can't think straight. Thanks for the advice I will have to try some of your techniques. May peace be with everyone that has this horrible debiltating heart beat. I wish the best for all. I hope to get fixed soon.
Be well and safe,
Karen
I have had so much problems with my heart since I was 10. I am now 47. I was 6 years free and that was the most wonderful time of my life. I want it back. Yes I do have a problem with GERD. I have it so bad that I throw up in my sleep and almost choke to death.I take Prevacid and it seems to help some. I am a messed up mess. I am selfish. I have had a taste of the good life and I want it back. I want to be free from my hoping,skipping and jumping. I know that God has a reason and I would never question it but in the meantime I will ask him to heal me of it. Thanks for the comment. I too was plagued with SVTS;s but they took care of that. I never want that again. My heart rate was 332. Hummingbird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you the best and a perfect heart beat. Please write any time. I have meet so many nice people on here. I cherish their opinions.
Karen in Tennessee
Join the club.  Me too I am fed up to death with them too.  Why can't they just stay away.  I can really relate to your frustration and anger as I am going through the same thing myself right now.  I can't offer any advice because I don't know what to do myself - life isn't fair is it - there are so many people out there plodding along with their lives, while we are suffering and feeling crippled by these skipped beats.  I'm with you on this one oops there goes another.

Debs
I have been in the same position as you and many others here - the anxiety about my pvc's gave me panic attacks and made me agoraphobic for a while. It is impossible to ignore the missed beats, so I have tried to work on the anxiety they cause - this you can make a difference to. I read some CBT books - Feeling Good by David Burns, and Stop Worrying, Start Living by Robert Leahy. Also Claire Weekes 'Self Help for Your Nerves' is comforting. Doing the exercises in these helped me to see my health issues a bit more logically. When the missed beats flare up I still have periods when I am convinced I am about to drop dead, but it has gradually got better. I hope you feel better soon.
i am very curious about what makes them debilitating and how you feel when you get them.  my daughter has dilated cardiomyopathy and very frequent pac's with svt's (she is 22 and mildly mentally impaired)    she doesn't really mention them too much anymore since she has been taking digoxin, and before that she only mentioned that she could feel her heart (very matter of factly) and had a few episodes of feeling as if she would faint, but i think those were from svt     she still has upwards of 10,000 pac's a day (as shown on latest holter) but doesn't mention any problems and they don't interrupt her day.     she does have issues with headaches, but i am not sure what that is all about.  i have read ( and posted) here before on this, because i am curious about why it is that she doesn't have these issues and many people have them to where they affect their daily lives.  she "worksout" at a fitness center with her day program, bowls twice a week, and walks to the store (she doesn't drive) when she gets her money about once a week, so she is active.    but she does have issues with headaches (i contributed them to sinus issues)   like i said, just curious    wishing you the best and thanks           dawn
I guess it is a matter of perspective. I know a guy that has cerebral palsy. I've seen his motor skills deteriorate over the years, his speech is so slurred it's almost impossible to talk to him now. And he's using a walker to stand up. But. . . I met him at the gym. He goes there to work out (mostly the swimming pool now) and he's always smiling, asking how everyone else is doing, tells a bad joke and you can hear his booming laugh around the gym. Seeing him makes me happy and grateful too that all I have is heart hiccups. I'm physically able to do so many things. It helps to look outside myself now and then.

Sunshine - it's normal to get discouraged and tired sometimes. But don't let it control you. Kick its sorry butt and do something you love. Like you said, when you're busy you don't notice it so much. So stay busy, live life and be a ray of sunshine to others. Just like my friend at the gym.
I do feel like a whiner. I don't mean to and I should look around me and see that there are other people that are ina whole lot worse shape than myself. I am just gettign so discouraged. I think I have my husband convinced to admit me to the hospital. That is the only way they will move my ablation up is if I go through the ER with a major complaint. I feel like such a wuss, especially after reading ireneo's post. I know that this person suffering with Cerebral palsy is such a inspiration to others and I am a drag for others. I guess being free from the heart hiccups for 6 years spoiled me and I don't think I can stand them another minute. I am tired of battling them. I had Cancer and wasn't as worried as I get over my heart. I wish I was wired up different. I want to find peace soon. Thanks for the wonderful comments and advice that each of you have given me. I appreciate it so much. Thanks for being such good friends  to a stranger,
Karen
Hey honey~
You are NOT a whiner.  These things although harmless make us feel horrible.  They are life altering when they reappear.  Mine did the same thing last year.  I felt maybe 6 or so a day.  Then one night they started at about 1/minute.  Some were really bad.  I called my doctor and he said, "well you could come in if you want".  Not even concerned.  But I did go in and got the holter.  I turned it in the next day.  He called several days later and told me that everything was fine.  He even went as far as to say go scuba diving or sky diving if you want.  Yes, your heart is skipping but it is not going to kill you.  Within 24 hours the skips converted back to maybe a few a day.  So you see and I know you do know this...that fear/adreneline/fear cycle will keep feeding them and they won't settle down.  You said you are crying all the time and are scared all the time.  ie fear/adreneline/fear.  We know the best thing to do is try and keep yourself busy.  Take walks to see if they will settle down.  
"float through them" as Dr. Weeks would say.  I hope you have her books.  If not, go to Amazon and order them.  Dr. Claire Weeks  Hope and Help for Your Nerves.  It saved me through my rough periods when I was getting them so bad that I would leave the house in my car for school and end up parking close to home "Just in case I needed help"!  That was 20 years ago and I am still here. Maybe going to the ER is a good idea.  They can hook you up, tell you that they are just pvc's and you won't die from them.  Maybe that will help calm the nerves enough to help settle them.  I know that would work for me.  Hope you are having a better night.  Hang in there
Frenchie
It is very debilating and I always read these post and feel like "I bet they aren't feeling the real bad ones like I do."  I think I have been having a pity party for the last 8 months, so you are not alone sunshine.  I don't get the extra beats as much as I used to, but what I do get is the "bottom dropped out" feeling and those are HORRID.  I just posted on here about how I really feel like these things are going to kill me.  Last night I thought was going to be it for me because I had one so bad, worse then any other I have ever experienced.  I felt a rush of "heat" or maye it was a chill, I don't even know, but I thought I was going to pass out because I was SO afriad.  I used to be the one who rode every rollercoaster, who jogged, I even walked fast when going about my way in the office.  Well now I move slowly sure I am going to have that one irregular beat that makes me drop, I don't exercise anymore, don't believe my doctors, I think my cardioligist doesn't take me serious anymore.  I don't know WHAT to do.  I have lots of stress, but how do you get rid of it when these things MAKE you stress...it's a horrible cycle?

I am a praying woman, and believe that the Lord knows what is best for me and that he won't put more on me than I can bear; but lately my faith has wavered so much that I know I am not pleasing him.  I am tired and I mean TIRED of living in fear.  My mood will change at the drop of a hat, my kids are suffering, I just don't know anymore.  So, we are all in this together.  Some experience the PVC's worse then others, but to even feel one PVC is too much if you ask me.

Be blessed everyone!
I have been reading on this site for a couple of weeks and posted questions. I have really learned so much from all of you! I am feeling the same way about this controlling my entire life right now. I am to the point where I am not leaving the house because I am not sure what is going on. I am like you all. I did all the tests and most everything was normal other than I am having over 10,000.00 PVC's a day, about half in bigemy. The doctors assured me also that they are not dangerous. That is good but also frustrating because you just want to feel better! I had a high d-dimer test(checking for clots) and did a CT scan last week which was normal. I go back to the doctor on Thursday. I am not sure what he will recommend but I am so depressed at this point. I am like you, I feel guilty for being a pain and not being there for my husband and two kids like I should be lately. All I do is lay around now. I am scared. This is not like me and I want my life back also. I am so glad to at least know that I am not alone. Good luck to everyone!
Words can not express the feelings I have been going through.I have my ups and downs and sad moments and trying moments when it comes to my heart. I read post after post and it is as though I wrote them all. I don't want anyone on here to be sick with these things but I find such peace with others stories. I ask God everyday to take away my fear and anxiety. To let me live a normal life. I believe in time when it is his will I will get my answer to my prayers. In the meantime I plan on leaning on you guys for your support.You will never know how many trips you have saved me to the ER. I am not afraid of dying.... I know where I would go, it is just the fear of leaving my children behind. I have had ablation and was told my heart was healthy other than the spots that were ablated and now my doc feels that I have some new ones. So do I give up and sit in fear or do I keep going and quit worrying? I want to keep on going. I don't want  to give up. I love life and people. I want my hiccups to go away. No one can really say that they know how it feels unless they have it. My husband is not very understanding. He thinks I over exaggerate. I told him that for just one day he could live in my body and see what it is like. He goes to bed for 2 weeks with a simple cold. My sex life died with the hiccups and I think that's why he has no sympathy for me. I am so afraid to get intimate in fear that it will set off a never ending irregular beat. I don't want to risk it. I have been losing weight to see if that could help with it. I am proud to announce that since Jan. 1st I have lost 14 pounds and I have started walking after work. I walked 3/4 mile tonight. I was slow but I hope I will build up speed. I heard that exercise helps. I bought me a new pair of pants yesterday and I got to go down 2 sizes. Wahoooo.. Back to a serious note, Thanks again to everyone of you who have answered my post. I really can't wait to get on here and read what others have wrote. I plan on learning those Bible verses too. I promise. Ilike you underinformed35 have around 10,000 or more of those DEMONS a day. It is really hard to try to live like that. I will keep on keeping on. Please just keep the comments coming and the prayers. Thanks to some of the most wonderful people in the whole world. God Bless you all.
Karen
You know that is the real bugger behind this.  We want to feel better.  To feel normal again.  We aren't hypercondriacs.  We aren't that person that has to run to the doctor for every ache and pain.  I bet most of us woud rather stay away from the doctor.  I know I would.  There is no doubt in my mind that it is the fear and stress of feeling more pvc's than we are used to, or "that one that just feels different and I'm sure the doctor hasn't caught that one" that fuels these things.  Even when we are trying to relax we are still focused inward on those damn skips.  It is a vicious cycle and I agree that the best medicine for us is to have everyone share their stories.  Every thought we have fuels them.  I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out why they "kick in" with more frequency. Did I eat something, did I drink something..and ironically what I learned is that the very act of trying to find a pattern actually made them worse.  One of the best things I did for myself (and I really try to stick to it) is to never feel my pulse when they start acting up.  Isn't that radical?!  I was sticking my fingers into my throat many times a day, and finally I realized I had learned absolutely NOTHING of value and in fact it all seemed to bring more on.  I am convinced that there are physical reasons for it (irritable patches/foci in there) and there are physical reasons it is triggered (fatigue, stress, adranaline, caffeine or sugar, hormones, viruses) BUT once they appear, ones' thoughts/attitude and attention "grows" their number.  Once they have your attention and you give it to them, they multiply! So I try not to "feed and water" them with my attention and it has lessened them dramatically.  That is not going to make them disappear, of course because there it that patch of cells that we were probably born with .  But we have to put them in their place so to speak and make a decision to limit our attention on them.  Of course this is after I learned everything I could about them.  I too, need information and understaing.  What I have learned can be boiled down to this:  they are emanating from cells that are in the "wrong place" or are being active at the "wrong time."  Sort of like someone with bad eyesight, or other physical "imperfections" like we all have.  Given certain triggers, like those we are always told, or some combination (for me it has to be a combination I think, and then they stick around for a while and fire off.  You get more pvc's more frequently, in more complex forms for some period.  Like getting a mosquito bite:  when the area has become inflamed and itchy, it just takes time to resolve.  In a healthy heart, it means almost nothing.  They don't damage the heart and they can't throw you into a fatal rhythm because the properly working cells far out number our few rebels in there.  It is basically impossible for the few renegade cells to override the vast majority of the correctly working cells, particularly when you have a strong heart.  I know we think that will happen because it feels that way but we are all still here so "feelings lie"!!!!  I researched all of this, read scientific journals, etc. and it all indicates that it is benign because they can't "take over".  Our hearts just aren't that screwed up.  We don't need to be afraid of them, we only think we do.  Why do they stick around?  Because we carefully feed and water them with our fear, attention, pulsetaking.  There have been long stretches that I realized that pvcs were ALL I THOUGHT ABOUT so no wonder they stick around!!!  These crazy rhythms won't kill us.  Why, because they simply can't override the overall machinery.  They can only cause skips pauses, speeding/slowing of the rate.  They can't cancel it.  Not if your heart it structurally normal.  We have a big strong muscle and a ton of superhighways of correct electrical activity... that is our true foundation.  
By the way sunshine47 - congrats on loosing weight.  That must feel really great.  I guess you are staying away from the M&M's  :)
Frenchie
I just wanted to say ty for your wonderful post...being here sure has given me peace of mind...God Bless u All....
To all the responses that I have gotten you just don't know what they mean to me. I can never thank you enough for your compassion and understanding. I am learning everyday to be skip free. I keep my neck red from my fingers being stuck to the side of it all the time. My son catches me and I tell him that I am scratching it. HE knows better. He knows I am checking my pulse. Yeah Frenchie I have stayed away from those M&M's. LOL. I did find some peanut butter ones here and I think that it might have been you that was wanting some. The offer still stands if you do. I have not had any sweets or breads (my Favs) in about 3 weeks. I can beat my urges for bad things but I can't step free of my imperfections when it comes to my heart. I know that it isn't going to hurt me but only if I could convince my mind of that. I know that I can bring mine on by just thinking about them. I love your comments they brighten my day. I am so glad that this site found me. I think I was lead to it to find a wonderful bunch of people(friends) like you. May God Bless each and everyone of you and may he hold you in the palm of his hand and keep you safe always. I am trying to accept my genetic makeup and so I say this prayer everyday,, The Serenity Prayer.... God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things that I can and the WISDOM to know the difference. To all my new found friends and some of the most informative information I have ever gotten, THANKS!!  :o) I hope to get more comments. Keep them coming. Take care everyone and God Bless you and your Hearts <3
Karen
Where in Tennessee do you live?  I grew up in Oak Ridge.  I live in San Diego now.
I'm the plain M&M girl.  Are you on any particular diet?  I'm not overweight but I did try Dr. Perricones diet just to eat healthier and my skips got really bad for weeks.  Come to find out I read a post last night that suggested staying away from fish and all omega 3 products.  Isn't that interesting.  He also said to take Aloe Vera Gel capsules.  I went to his blog.  It is interesting.  Here is the link in case anyone is interested.
http://www.lucidboomer.com/view_topic.php?id=7&forum_id=2
Let me know what you think.  I'l always open to new suggesstions.  
Jodie  (frenchie)
Maybe I shouldn't have provided that link.  In reading it further there is some kind of juice he talks about too.  (sold by network marketers)  sorry
But, the aloe vera gel caplets I might give a try.  I'll let you know how it goes.  It is supposed to be good for reflux too.
Frenchie
hi karen ,     just had to write and say  hang in there  ,   there has to be an answer eventually for all us people with hearts that dont seem to know how to beat properly by themselves !   I for one and I bet others will be praying for you. I cant imagine having to put up with it so much ,  you  are definately in my thoughts. I normally have had about  4 to6 hours of skipped  beats but with other weird beats as well, also some atrial fibrillation and sinus tachycardia and  of course have been told it wont kill me but it sure feels like it will! have even written a goodbye note once when my husband was away!  But there is something hopefull happenning at the moment and maybe it might apply to others. I have been on a stomache ulcer med for the last week and  things are at least 80 % better!  The theory being the acid affecting the vagus nerve. who knows maybe coincidence, we'll see.           Hi to everyone else out there struggling  with these same things.                                      Leanne in Australia.
HI! thankyou for what you wrote , it was wonderful,   its something the cardiologist should tell us.      Leanne  in Australia.
Well...I am not really sure where to begin and I am not even sure what my problem is...About 2 weeks ago...My heart started to flutter...it had always done this over the years...but just randomly...now for the last 2 weeks it has done it consistently...I am scared to death...litterally...I don't want to move...function...it is consuming me...I sit and cry because I feel as if I am going to die...I went to the ER...the dr said my EKG and blood work all looked fine and ordered me to wear a holter monitor for 24 hours...which I have on right now...I have an apt with the cardiologist on the 5th and I often wonder if I will still be sane by then...lol...I am not sleeping that well at night and I don't eat anymore...I also quit smoking when this started happening...I am only 35 and I just want to live a normal life and be a good mother for my 3 children...if anyone has any words of advice...please comment back...God Bless u All *Smile*
You are fine.  Remember, they sent you HOME from the ER.  They wouldn't have done that if they saw anything life threatening with your tests.  They can see more than you know looking at an EKG.  You will feel so much better when your holter is off and they read it and tell you it is not life threatening.   It is great that you quit smoking, but you need to eat so you don't throw your electrolytes out of whack.  The only other advice I can offer you is to go to Amazon and order Dr. Claire Weeks Book,  Hope and Help for your nerves and Peace from Nervous Suffering.  They were my bibles.
Take care
Frenchie
Ty so much for your words of wisdom...I go to the cardiologist on Thursday...and what u said is what everyone tells me...if I had a serious heart problem they would not of sent me home...yet it still worries me to NO end...I keep praying for God to just give me some peace with all this...Ty once again...
Let us know on this thread what your cardio says.  I'm sure you will feel so much better after you see him.  It worries us because it FEELS horrible.  If you are anything like me you need to understand what is happenning to feel better about it (not just told it isn't life threatening).  That is why we worry.  (and do research and more research)  I don't know what it is we are trying to find.   It all says the same thing.  It will not harm us.  You will be fine.  Stop tensing your body up waiting for that next "episode" because if you do you most surely have one.  Go by those books.  I'm not kidding you...they will help.
xo
Jodie
Thank you so much for replying...I wish I could just quit worrying and let it go...but I am such a wreck all the time...waiting for the next flutter and thinking that this may be it for me...am I silly or what...but I really am letting it control my life...I feel like my children and husband are suffering because of this and I just want one day where I feel like "myself" again...I keep praying and having faith...I know God can do anything...I just wish I could control my mind a little better...lol
hi , you are not silly ,   its a scarey feeling . I always remind myself that God knows how bad I feel  and repeat the verse ' God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind' .  I have only just found this site and it has really made me feel a lot less scared when my heart jumpsand knowing that there is all these people out there with similar things who sound worse than me and are still alive.  keep your chin up and ask everything you can at the cardiologist  and be really honest   about how scarey it is or he might not reassure you very much. thinking of you.   Leanne.
I can not believe how awesome everyone is on here. It amazes me everytime I get on and see all the comments everyone has for each other. Myspace use to be my website of choice. Not now. I have found so many people that are real and that I can lean on and trust to help me get through the day. I even sneak peeks at work when we have been told not to be on different sites. I work in a clinical trials lab so if they check my history  it looks legitimate. LOL. It is a health forum after all. My heart(no pun intended) goes out to each and everyone of you and who have to be plagued with this disturbance. I will continue to pray for each and everyone of you. In my prayers always. As I am typing I am having one right after the other and I can barely type for thinking about them. I am trying though to get it off my mind. I am going to go read a book sometimes that helps or to draw.
Thanks guys and I hope tomorrow brings a good day for all.
Karen
To jkfrench, I am from Kingsport
I just wanted to say how thankful I am to of found this site also...u people are really amazing...I do thank God for all of your words of wisdom and support...I will also keep u all in my prayers...I feel like I have finally found people that understand and don't look at me like I am a MORON...Good Night...I hope we all have a good sleep...
Good morning. I hope that everyones day is filled with an event free day!!! My night was full of fear and as far as getting up putting my clothes on to take a trip the the ER. My heart was doing things that were so out of the norm, I wish I could play it cool and not let it be known when this is happening but I can't. I decided to stay in bed and ride it out. I am weak this morning but feeling some better. I am at work that has to be a good sign since this place drives me insane. Oh well everyone have a great day and please keep praying.
Karen
Karen
Hey Sunshine.  You sound like me!  I must tell you that I've just been exactly where you are, I had decided to stop seeing any medical practitioners and allow nature to take its course.  I had even discussed with my husband and parents that I could not deal with being sick anymore and it was time to stop fighting the inevitable.  But yesterday I had a moment which changed everything for me.  (you might have read this on another thread but I’ll repeat it here anyway).

I was sitting on my Peanut Exercise Ball, you are supposedly only able to fall off in one direction because of its shape - not a round ball, shaped like a peanut in its shell - well I have news for them, I managed to fall off it backwards, almost smacking my head into the corner of the coffee table, I had my legs up practically over my head and found it impossible to move - I'm very weak still from the salmonella - but I was laughing so hard I used up any remaining strength I had.  Then I looked at my child, he's six, and he was literally almost collapsing he was laughing so much, and the more I tried and failed to get up, the more we laughed.  

Then my husband arrived to find me stuck on the floor with the Peanut Ball on top of me, unable to get up, my son in a heap because he was laughing so much.  He helped me up, my son and I pulled ourselves together, and then we all decided to play a game to see who could stay on the Peanut the longest without their feet touching the floor.  We all ended up laughing and having so much fun and the next thing I realised that life is definitely worth living.  

Those few minutes of fun and laughter changed something in me.  Maybe it was a chemical reaction in my brain from laughing, but I know now that I'm going to continue to fight this thing whatever it is that is still attacking my body, I am going to laugh and play with my son whenever I feel strong enough because he is my life, and it took such a silly accident to make me realise it.

I hope something similar happens to you Sunshine.  I would like to recommend that you try to get a book.  It's called Spud and is written by John van der Ruit.  I'm certain you can get it in the US because its become a setwork book in some schools.  The thing about it is that it is hilarious and perhaps if you read something funny like that it might bring on the laughter and that same chemical change will happen in your brain -  
(TO THE MODERATOR: Please note I'm not promoting this book in any way, I have nothing to gain from it, I bought the book in a bookshop, so please don't take this off the thread)
- any book which is truly funny will do, its just that I read that particular book two years ago when I was also going through an "I can't do this anymore" stage, and it made me laugh so much that I snapped out of it.  The humor is very South African, but anywhere in the world it will make people laugh.

I hope everyone who's down has their turn-around moment soon.  Today at work, people kept telling me I looked different and healthier!

Does anyone know why ablations are only successful for a few years before your troubles start up again – mine was a total success for seven years, but now my IST is back too.  I thought it was cured forever.
I'm reading a book now about supporting people with cancer. One of the chapters deals with laughter. They recommend sharing a good joke or reading something funny every day so you can laugh. Some of the people just watch a funny video. Whatever it takes to laugh a couple times a day. It does cause some chemical changes that make us feel better. So keep up the good work Thinline.
I,m going to look for the book you recommend thinline, I'm in UK so dont know whether I can get it here. good to here from you, Ihave been wondering how you were, you gve me a laugh thinking about your antics with the peanut ball, maybe we should all get one!! Sunshine, I am sorry you are still having all these problems, those really horrid ones are indescribable, but I get them sometimes, along with the rush of heat/sweating, but maybe thats the stress! We are the only ones who understand what all this feels like, my husband isnt bad but doesnt seem to pay alot of attention to it, but I suppose if they havnt had them its difficult to imagine what we feel like.Hang in there we are all here and we understand what you are going through.
Thanks for the informative post JK,
Hugs to everyone.
Hello Friends...

Tomorrow is my apt with my cardiologist and I am a nervous wreck as to what they are going to tell me I have...Please remember me in your prayers that all goes well and I can receive peace of mind...God Bless u All...Hope u have a "flutter" free night....
Cathy
I agree with what everyone has said... this site is amazing... so very validating.  I wonder if there are any cardiologist's offices that really deal with the emotional side of this debilitating condition.  My goodness... how many of us have felt blown off by their offices because they KNOW its not life threatening, but in the meantime, we sit and worry and worry and worry.... for hours, days, weeks... sometimes months.  I believe that my worry over my arrhythmia ended my marriage.  And, now, I'm really in a predicament being a single Mom - but, I posted earlier tonight in a different thread that I'm actually 11 days symptom free following an ablation - my first and HOPEFULLY only one.  I'm just waking up each day in complete and total gratitude and hope (no one burst that bubble, ok?).  And, one trick I've used in the past is to imagine myself completely cocooned by white, healing light and protection - while my eyes are closed.  I can actually feel that God is watching over me and that everything will be ok.  Its the only thing that will truly calm me down when things get rough.  Hang in there... we are all there for one another!!!  But, let me know if you know of a cardiologist that deals with the emotional side of this.
Hang in there...I'll tell you a quick story about my recent Florida vacation...took the kids to Disney and was very relaxed, even having the kids around.

Well, my first days of the trip, I had almost zero PVCs for three days.  Then, WHAM I was getting THOUSANDS for three or four days STRAIGHT with no let up...I mean...it was so weird...I wasn't eating/drinking bad stuff and I was having fun the whole time...I was really pulling my hair out. (there isn't any left to spare)

Towards the end of the trip, I did realize that I was having a LOT of trouble sleeping on the beds.(i'm becomning a fussbudget in my old age.)  Anyway, on returning home, I slept 11 hours the next day.  Well, bingo--I am thrilled to say I have been doing very well since--almost NO PVCs--plus the confidence I have that I can eliminate a major trigger if I rest up is a Godsend.

So, NEVER give in to these damn things...keep a careful diary as to diet/excercise/SLEEP AMOUNT/stress level/how much "rushing around" you did...you CAN and WILL come up with things that will help...

Also, anyone who calls what you are expressing "whining" is a fool...I KNOW first hand that it is not as easy as just "living your life and forgetting them"  NONSENSE...when I am getting a PVC every fifth beat for 72 hours straight (even while "keeping busy") I still work or whatever but I am MISERABLE and very distraught and inwardly depressed.

So, hang in there, feel better, GET LOTS OF REST and let's beat these damn things together...
Me again.  About the book, if you order it on a South African site it will probably cost much less because of the exchange rate - dollars and poundes buy loads of goodies here in SA.  I know the book is available on Amazon - both US & UK.  SA sites you can try are loot.co.za or take2.co.za.  The book is called Spud and is written by John van der Ruit.  Best of all there is a sequel, so if you enjoy it, you can get the next one too - it's as funny as the first one.  If any of you do get it and are a bit stumped by some odd words (South Africanisms) just ask me and I'll explain, some are quite naughty, but you'll get the gist.  As for the Peanut, not only does it provide laughter, it is actually a fun way of doing a bit of exercise too.  You don't even notice that you are exercising, it's good fun.

How you feeling Sunshine?  Hope much better.  It always amazes me how much less lonely I feel when I read these posts, especially when a thread gets as long as this one.  Nobody in my life knows what I'm feeling when my hearts playing up, but I come here and see we are all in the same boat, just scattered around the world.
Hi, thanks for the info about the book, I will hve alook for it, it sounds good. I hope you are doing better now, how do you feel?
Hope you feel better as well Sunshine, well I hope you all feel better today, Ive not had a bad day today, just tired, I dont sleep very well. I have pulled my back as well!! Think I would rather have that than the PVC's!!
Isnt it amazing how we are all here talking to each other from all over the world, giving all this wonderful support.
God Bless you all.
Just wanted to give u all a quick update...went to the cardiologist today...he said I was fine...don't even need meds...and to live LIFE!!!...said that the skipped beats I was feeling were very common and not to worry...I just wanted to say ty to all of u wonderful people that I have met on here and ty so much for praying for me...God Bless u All...
I'm so glad everything is okay.  I knew it would be but it helps so much to hear the doctor say it.  Mine even told me to go sky diving or scuba diving after he read my 24 hour moniter that showed hundreds of pvc's.

Feel better and try not to focus on them and they will diminish.
Frenchie
Ty so much for all your words of wisdom Hun...U are truly an inspiration to so many of us here...I look forward to seeing what u write each and every day...God Bless u...
Reading what you all have to say  is like medicine to me, when I first read a few messages I just cried because finally , someone else knows how it feels , physically and emotionally and that Im not the only one in the world with this and that Im not nuts for letting it  scare me  . So thankyou for you all being so open and honest about your feelings. It still makes me want to cry  and to hug you all for having to go through it.   hope its a good day ahead for all.
Ok Guys...I am back again...Had such a good day yesterday...was so thrilled...now today I feel as if things are just like they were before I went to the Dr...the flutters are back and scaring me to death...I know I just need to learn to calm down...but how can u calm down when u feel that miserable thump in your chest...Go figure...Anyone wanna offer some reassurance...lol...I sure do need it *Sad Face*
Hi  first of all heres some hugs oooooooooooooo    . Second  remember  what frenchie said about all those really good cells in your  otherwise healthy heart and  how many more of  the them there are.  When I have a really good day I always do more and get tired and that seems to be when I have more. a  break somewhere in my day seems to make a difference, for the next day. Also  when remind myself that it is so very reasonable  to feel down about it not to mention scared and I give myself permission to feel that way it somehow stops me from trying so hard to be brave and I relax a bit. If that can make sense to you , maybe only me !    Can you tell yourself to just go along with it and eventually it will improve because it always has before, and you will feel sooo good then.  Just wish I could fix it for you  :)
Ty so much for your post...I wish u could help me too...I feel like I am loosing my mind...going completely insane...I just want this to disappear and I am so afraid that it never will...I try to be strong...have faith...which I believe in God very much so...but I just wanna be normal again...I don't think that is ever going to happen and life like this...well....
i can really relate! even though we're told that "you're not going to die from this" your body immediately sends signals that you most definitely ARE! it throws you into the parasympathetic nervous state, and for me, this brings on a panic attack.
it's a horrible, disruptive problem. i just had a miscarriage, and my heart has been TERRIBLE lately. has anyone else noticed that hormone changes directly and significantly aggravate you heart problems? i have avnrt, and whenever i have hormone changes, it's off to the races with pac's and tacycardia all the time.

wvmom, it is very hard to calm down with your heart thumping sickly in your chest, isn't it? i try to lie on my back and very briskly rub the top of my chest back and forth. this seems to alleviate some of the awareness that i have of what my heart's doing, though it doesn't bring your rhythm back to normal. and i know it's frustrating to have a "good day" where you even dare to think that maybe it'll never happen again! and WHAM! it  returns with a vegence.
although it's really scary, it really isn't life-threatening. nobody on this board has died from it, and we're all convinced that our arrythmias are going to kill us! go figure!
even through the nastiest of these horrible episodes--you're going to be okay. it has taken me many years to actually believe this, but it's true. you will be around for a loooong time for your kids. don't worry.
i'm sending some positive energy your way----i'm in the same boat, and damn if this is gonna kill me! i just bought some GREAT new shoes!
Wow...ty so much for replying...u brought a *Smile* to my face and a tear to my eye...I cannot say how thankful I am that I found this forum...please keep the engergy comin...I need it...God Bless...
wvmom I know how you feel. I am scared to death everyday and I know what you are going through. I have had this since I was 10. I am now 47 and I had ablation and was 6 years free but mine returned with a vengence also. I am looking at a second ablation and I am truly looking forward to it. I am sitting here having one after the other and haven't even felt like getting on the computer. I am so sick of these aggravating things that I could cry all the time. Thinline you are one of my inspirations. You are a fighter and I am proud of you. I wish each and everyone of you have an event free day tomorrow. I am still praying for all my new found friends. I have such peace with each of your entires. Keep them coming. Keep my hubby in your prayers he has something wrong with his liver and is having a biopsy on it and his small intestines on the 20th. I need him to stay here for me so that I won't be scared. I don't want to get old without him.My son has the same problems that the rest of us do but he feels nothing. He has them every third beat. He is totally oblivious of it. I am glad that he doesn't feel it. I wish we were all that fortunate. I  guess we are so geared into our heart beats that we can't quit thinking about it. My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. I cherish your wisdom and strength.
Lots of love and hugs from an old country girl,
Karen (the Southern Girl)
I have had palpitations since I was 13 and am now 68. I have been in for test, holter monitor,etc and found nothing. They got worse during menopause. I found out the best thing is to  take Brewer's Yeast everyday as I read where the heart needs a lot of B vitamins and this is a natural way to get them, not in pill form. Also take Taurine which is an amino acid important for your heart and contributes to your heart muscles contractibility and the regulation of its rhythm.Start out with one 500mg. in am and pm and then 500 when you no longer have the disturbances. Also drink a cup of Oatstraw tea at bedtime with several heaping tsp. of Peter Gillham's Natural Calm powdered magnesium mixed in.(Health Food Store) Put the mag. in slowly after you heat the water and put the teabag in as it will foam way up. Oatstraw tea will quell  the disturbances in your heart rate such as palpitations and the tachycardia will diminish or disappear. You can use two bags to begin with.The mag. helps with this also. Try it as it really helped me. Since I started on this I haven't had any strange beats or fast beats.
Thanks for the advice. I need all that I can get. I am willing to try an exorcist at this time and point. I call them my "DEMONS". I hate them worse than anything and they have taken a portion of my life away.I have not been able to live a complete life except for when I had my first ablation. I am scared to move most of the time. I am learning with time that I can and I will be okay but it still feels unpleasant to me. I want to be able to play with my granddaughter and do things with my family. We always travel to Cape Hatteras NC for vacation  but I am afraid this year to get that far from home in fear if I have to go to the Hospital that it will too far and I might die before we get there. We stay on a remote part of the island and I have to know that I am near help if I need it. My family is disappointed that we might not get to go.My son loves to go because that is where he can feel close to his late fiance'. She passed away and she was the one that introduced us to the lovely island. Her ashes will be scattered there when her Dad is able to let her go.She was only 21 when she passed and I am whining about a little heart hiccup after she fought brain cancer. I guess she is in heaven saying come on Mom I know that you are stronger than that. She was the most fearless person I have ever known. Maybe after my second ablation I will not be afraid to get out of the house and go places. I go to work and straight home and don't get back out until it is time for work again. I am SAD beyond belief. I am a fun loving person when my heart is behaving. I hope this post finds everyone happy and well today. Love you guys. Keep praying for me and my famly.
My Dear Friend...
     I so understand what u are feeling and my heart goes out to u...all the advice everyone can give still doesn't make it go away and that is all we want...for it to go away...I hope u get to go on your vacation...U are in my prayers...God Bless U...
Hi Sunshine, and everybody, this thread must be some kind or record!  So many emotions on it.  I hope some doctors around the world are reading it and seeing how it is for us "non-medical" people.  Must be a bit of an eye-opener for them!

I'm sorry your hubby is not well, this must just add to how horribe you feel, will keep you both in thoughts and prayers.  Do you feel angry with him when he's sick.  I personally get unspeakably angry with my hubby if he gets so much as a cold.  I have come to realise that the anger comes from fear.  The fear of losing the man I love and who loves me back no matter what we go through, no matter how tough it gets.

The one thing that really grabbed me about what you said was "I don't want to get old without him".  That's brilliant, the fact that you are at the point of still wanting to get old.  Trust me, I recently went through a patch when I had no interest in getting any older at all, I wanted to be done with life, but when I read that one sentence you wrote, I suddenly thought Hey I also want to get old!  There now, we all get sick, sad, scared, silly, but we also want our lives to carry on, and I thank everyone here for the support because all of that support has made me want to get old too!!!  Sunshine, my Peanut ball continues to bring laughter to our lives, I strongly recommend them, not only for exercise, but because every time someone comes over and tries to sit on it, they fall off and are so shocked, the looks on their faces, well, I laugh and laugh.  Everyone thinks they are too good to fall off, but they all do at some point.  It cracks me up!
HI, good to see you!! I love your peanut ball stories, they make me laugh, you seem more positive lately and happier, hope Im right.
Sunshine, sorry for all your problems, I do feel for you. Try and keep positive I am sure everything will be ok eventually. I will say a prayer for you and keep you in my thoughts. You know we are all here for you.
Big hugs, and lots of love to you and your family.
Hey guys, You are my salvation. I feel like what I want more than anything is to live and see my family grow old and give me more grandbabies and be able to hold them and play with them. I want to live. Never once have I wished to die. I feel like I am some times but I never want to. I know that when my number is up I can't help it but until then I hope that I have a long prosperious life. Your prayers are what gets me through. All the advice is well taken and applied. I am willing to do anything at this point. I think that I am under so much stress with my hubby and my job that I have lost control of my control over my heart. I am trying real hard though. Thinline, I do get upset when my hubby is sick. I don't mean to but I do. I need he to be strong for me and that is selfish. I feel helpless with all the bum beats that I am no good for anybody. Keep those prayers coming and I will do the same for you guys. We are in it together. I love you all. Big hugs from a country girl in Tennessee with a big heart. <3
Karen
Karen
Dear sunshine, I also have GRED so bad I have stomach juces that come up during sleep that sends me chocking for my life many many times during my life. I also have pvcs, pacs, svt, runs of pvcs, one time episode of afib for 3 days straight, I am also 47 and my problems started about 20 years ago, I have been through all the emergency room stuff, thought for sure I was going to die, gave everything I own away to my loved ones, but I never died, I tried lots of  different things to stop them but only made them worse, I tried fish oil supplements once for 2 months and that made my heart 50 times worse so be careful about self help supplements. I take 100 mg of atenolol a day for svt, but sometimes have to cut back a little because it can lower my heart rate to much and I have more pvcs.Try to find your triggers, eat lots of fruits and vegtables.dont eat nothing at least 2 to 3 hours before bed. hope you are feeling better soon.  Heartawreak in wa. state
Kenny,
You are right on with the gastric problem. I read years ago on this forum that gerd can irritate the vagus nerve causing the PVC's. After reading, I purchased some over the counter prilosec and within a couple days the PVC's were gone. Give it a try and good luck.
PS: You can have gerd w/o being aware of it.
Tom T
I too have acid reflux and have woke up chocking in the middle of the night after throwing up in my sleep. I am gasping for air and sreaming I am dying. I hate it. Heartwreck I think that we are in the same boat. I take Prevacid when I have it. I can't afford all the meds that me, my sons, and my hubby have to have in a month. I am just wondering if my meds are making my beats worse? I recently have been uped to 50 ml of Atenolol in the morning with a 2ml Xanax and then at lunch or there around aI take another 2 ml Xanax, and then I take 100ml of Atenolol at bedime with another 2 ml of Xanax and also I take Prevacid as I said when I have it and Pravachol for high Cholestrol. I rattle when I walk. LOL. I am just wondering if I went without any meds I could do better. I wouldn't dare quit cold turkey becasue I know the consiquences(probably not spelled right). I fell like my life is based on a pill. I want to be free of them. Maybe I need to study up on the side effects of my meds. Thanks for telling me about yourself. Have a great night.
Karen
Ok...Its me...back again...to whine some more...The dr's have told me I am fine...then why can't I believe I am fine...Sleeping is the worst...I lay down to sleep and SHOCK...I am awake...feels like I am having a PVC...I hate it...I am not sleeping at all...does anyone else feel like this too...Please reply...your words comfort me so much...
Acid refux, Don't eat anytime near bedtime and try sleeping on back with two pillows [elevates your body enough sometimes to help keep acids from getting into areas it shouldn't be in ] works for some people. SVT's I have every day and and very serious neuro problems that drive me crazy, but somehow I keep on going. Mind control is the only thing that keeps me sane and calm. Six yrs I've been going through this madness, but I'm still glad to be around [most days].
I just wanted to see how u were doing...u have been in my thoughts and prayers and I remembered reading that u were scheduled for some kind of procedure around the first of Feb...Please let me know how u are when u sign on...Tc and God Bless...
I am about the same thanks for asking. I am trying to fight it but it is not better. My doc uped my meds again and so they give it another week to see if this is going to kick in. I am so ready to have it done again that if this don't work I will be worked into their schedule. I want peace but found out today that my hubby has 7 cyst on his pancreas. I am scared and we need all the prayers that we can get. I have to try and be healthy for him. He is weak when it comes to handling things. I am the strong one if you can believe that. How have you been doing? I appreciate all the prayers that are going up for me. Keep it up everyone. I have been for you all too. I love you guys and you give me peace. I am sitting here right now with my weird heart beats and trying so hard to ignore them but it is really hard. Soon my pills will kick ina nd I will get peace while I sleep but when my feet hit the floor it will start all over again. My life is pretty well planned out and it is predictable. So what can I do? Is there a miracle that will happen? I pray for one everyday. I ask God to wrap his healing hands around my heart and I believe if it is his will that I will be healed. In the meantime I will not give up my faith. Take care everyone and I hope that this post finds you well. Thinline I hope that you had a good day today.  Just pray for my hubby to he needs them so bad. We will know more on the 20th about him and I might have to put off my procedure until he is through his crisis.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Karen
I have been waiting anxiously for a reply from u...Ty so much for answering...u cross my mind many times during the day and my heart...even with its crazy flutters...lol...goes out to u...u and your family will be in my prayers and I wish u all the best...God Bless u Karen and I admire your strength so much...*Smile*
All our thoughts and prayers are with you for your husband...just remember a lot of times doctors will alarm you on test results that are not final only to tell you later that they are nothing to worry about.  So try to stay calm as a lot of times the doctors scare you for no reason at all...

For me, it has been a rough 8 months or so with many PVC days in the thousands...BUT I have  been feeling much better lately and I think for me (and hopefully others) the secret has been to gain some  feeling of control on the situation.

I HAVE found that if I somehow sleep about 9 hours or so I know I can count on a PVC free day next day.   Now it is RARE that I can get that much sleep having two kids and all BUT I do feel a LOT better knowing that if I absolutley HAVE TO, if I MUST, I can do WHATEVER it takes to get more rest and I will feel better.

So, because I feel like I finally have something I feel confident will work, it has taken some of the fear of the PVCs away and given me back some control over these things...so that even on most days when I only sleep 6-7 hours, I still feel like I have something to fall back on and consequently...I don't get NEARLY as many PVCs...

I know its weird but it has worked for me for about two weeks to feel MUCH better.  So, I'm hoping to spread the word a little and hope it will help others.

God bless you and your husband, and don't let those doctors drive  you nuts!!
You will never know what your kindness and compassion means to me. I could not have taken these things this long if it weren't for you guys. I have never seen so many caring people in my life. I have to be strong for my hubby now because I don't want him to be scared and I want to be here for him. He is acting all cool about it but I can see the fear over taking him. He is a police officer so not to much scares him. I guess when it comes to your body that that is a total different story. I don't want to be without him, I think that there is a reason and I am not going to draw any conclusions until all the test are done, In the meantime I will lean on my Lord. I know that he will heal if it is his will. My heart is so messed up and the stress is not making it any better but I am going on and not letting it take away from him. What most of you don't know about me is that I am a fighter. I fight for everything and everybody when I know that they are being treated unfair. I take in the homeless and never take a penny. I give them a place to stay and food to eat. I help them get a job and an education. I treat them like they are my own. I mainly take in teenagers that have been dumped to the curb. I talk about my granddaughter but she is not my flesh and blood. She should be. I took her Mom in when she was kicked out for getting pregnant.I was there for her at her birth and I took care of my granddaughter and her mom until they were able to make it out on their own. They will always be mine. '
I took in a 17 year old that had not been to school since he was10 and he had 5 brothers and sisters and a niece that he was raising. His mom moved them 10 times in one year to avoid the Child services. My little Jacob got comfortable with me and told all. I wanted to adopt him but his real Dad wanted them all so we went to court and made sure that they went in his custody. They are all now in school and Jacob is a straight A student, working after school and doing great along with his siblings. I miss him more than life itself. I could see the pain in his eyes.
Now I have a 18 year old that with me that was sleeping his in car and I helped him get a job and he has been with me since September. He has been able to buy him a car that runs and put some money back to get his own place, He calls me Mom and he is made to mind just like my own. My daughter and him are dating now and they do not sleep together, That is forbidden at my house. I will help you as long as you don't break the rules. My number one rule is don't LIE. If you tell me the truth we will work it out. Some have never known anything but that. I don't mean to ramble on but I wanted to share that piece of my life with you. So when I say that I have a big heart I really mean it. LOL. Now you might understand why my big heart is so screwed up.My Dad tells me I can't save the world. I want to say that I had a small part in helping change it. Now you might see why my heart acts silly. I love the kids and will continue to take in the homeless.
Just a peek in to my world. Thanks for listening.
Love you guys and keep me going please. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
So 9 hours sleep are out for me. LOL Did I mention that I work 9 hours a day and go to my 98 year old Grandma's after work to make sure that she is okay? I haven't much time for myself but that is okay. I enjoy my life other than the messed up heart. I feel my hearling is coming and I will be so glad. I love this site and I think that each and everyone of us are in the same boat that is why we can speak so freely about our lives. I feel at ease when I write my comments on here. It lets me release what has been going on in my life without burdening my family with it. They don't need to sit and worry about me. Life is precious and I think that we all should treat it that way. It is a gift. Messed up hearts and all. Well I better get to cleaning the house and get ready for the family to wonder home.
Love ya,Karen
I can not say it enough...u are a truly amazing person and I am so glad to call u my friend...I look forward to seeing what u have written everyday and u are a source of inspiration to me...I wish I could *hug* u...so here are some virtual *huggggssssss*....God Bless...
I needed those hugs. I have been having a rough day today. I want some peace and I kwon when it is the right time I will get it. I am glad that you are my friend also. I am glad that I have come to know about others on here. It gives me a peace to know that I have people that care. I mean truly care. I am like you I can't wait to get on here to read what others have wrote. How is your heart doing? I can see that my new meds are not working so I am calling Monday to tell them to go ahead and get me scheduled again after my husbands procedure on the 20th. I need to be able to help him out while he is laid up for a while. My heart can wait. It will have to. Hey big Hugggggssss back to you too. Stay well and God Bless you for all your kindness.
Karen
Just thought that I would say Hi and see how everyone is doing today. I was at work at had a few minutes to spare and thought I would get on my fav. site. I hope this finds everyone well and having a great weekend. I am still the same but ticking right along. I pray for peace and a good time for you guys the rest of the weekend. I am trying to keep busy so that I don't sit and think about my heart. I love you guys. Take care and God Bless all of you.
Karen
One thing to keep in mind that things like this can only beat you and control you if you let them. Remember, you are the boss of you. It's easier said than done, but you can CHOOSE to not let these things get you down. Chin up!
Today I found out that I will be going in for my Ablation sooner than I thought.The only bad thing is that MY wonderful Doctor just moved and will not be the one doing my Ablation. I am so scared to have someone new working on me. My Doc moved to West Virginia. If it woudn't put me out of network I would go to him. I just have to trust in this new doctor and hope that he can give me back my freedom again. I am shaking so bad and I know that I am working myself up for a miserable night. I have faith I am just not thinking clear now. I can barely type this for my hands shaking so I am going to go for now and try to calm down. Please say a prayer for me. I need alllllllll of them I can get. I hope that this finds everyone well today. Take care and God Bless each and everyone of you all.
Karen
Prayers coming your way!
Many prayers for u my Friend...I hope all goes well...I am in WV...come stay with me and go to your dr...lol...God Bless u and Please let me know when the surgery is....
I am praying for you!  Keep the faith Karen.
This will relax you and help your heart.Try it.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 15 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom -  Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep breaths into the lungs.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times
I would just like to know if it is normal to feel your skipped beats more on some days than others or if it means they are getting worse if u don't feel them at all for a few days and then they come back...?
I must share this... I had severe PVC skipping every other beat a lot so I called an Herbalist friend and she told me to try Hawthorn tincture. It took one day and the PVC disappeared! I took it 3 times a day for 3 months and now I am down to once a day. I noticed that my mensturation triggers it so I up the dose a couple day before and during. But please try it, I was a wreck before I did and I know it saved me from a lot of suffering. Blessings on all your hearts.
Obviously this thread is of VERY high interest!!!  I hope all is going well with you Sunshine.  The frustration expressed by so many of us is a commonality that holds us together and provides much support for all of us.  I find this thread amusing, as you can see the comraderie and anxiety of us all...and you can see that we feel safe coming here to share our version of events.

This comment is not one that adds much to the thread...but I've been reading this since it was only 3 replies long...and it just keeps growing :-).

Good health to everyone.  We are strong and can live with this!!!!
Thanks guys for the outpour of compassion. I enjoy so much getting on here and reading your many comments. They are what helps me make it from day to day. I have made this my number 1 site.I have told so many people about it. I truly care about each and everyone of you and wish nothing but the best of health to each of you. I have made so many friends( friends that I probably never see but I hold dear to my heart).I feel as though I know you all like true friends. Who knows we may meet sometime.
I hope that this finds you all having a great day. No hops, skips, or jumps.
Thanks for your faithful suppport.
Rosetoes I hope that u are feeling good today.
Love you all lots and God Bless each of you.
Karen
Just wanted to let everyone know...I wanted a second opinion on my heart...so I made an apt for the 25th with another dr...Please pray that he says the same thing the last one did...I pray for all of u each night that God will take this from us...Be Well...
Hello All:
Wow, I had to print this thread off just to read it...couldn't stare at the screen that long!  I had an answer to Thinline's questions of why the palps. are back 7 years post-ablation.  I read somewhere that when the scar tissue from the surgery grows back the palps. start again. Don't know this for gospel, just repeating.  Frenchie, thank youu so much for your insightful discoveries.  And I thought I did a lot of recsearch.  I got so tired of the docs. giving me the standard answer of "why do thsese happen?" as an "electrical malfunction" I gave up.  I was asking why the elec. malf., they didn't get it.  Let us know how those Aloe Vera gel caps work (on a new thread). I'm always wondering what prompted mine.  I actually have a list of possibilities going.  I'd love to compare notes with a group of people some day.  I know it will never "cure" ours, but if I could just warn the younger crowd not to do the stupid things I did, if that was the cause (like ending my beta-blockers abruptly when I was 18 instead of weaning, just b/c I didn't know any better).  Sunshine:  Good luck with the hubby, let know how it turns out.  Your comment about the Xanax, I didn't know if you know that SSRI's and the like peak out at 6 months and it is possible to get worse at that point.  There aain, just things I've read.  
Now for some of my questions:
Have any of you tried Vitamin E?  How did it work out?  It's suppose to help the heart, but then again, so is Omega-3 and a couple people didn't do to well with them.
Are any of you taking calcium supplements?  In the two years between my monitor tests my palps increased from 3,300 to 5,500 and the only thing I did different was take calcium.  I mentioned this to my EP (think of calcium blockers and their job) and he said it was possible but not probable.  So, I stoppeed taking them on my own and take Vit. D (and Vit. C) instead.  I can't get another monitor until next month, so we'll see.
Also, my Endo. mentioned my blood sugar looked a little high, so I was wondering if that had anything to do with the palps but didn't find much on the net about it - any comments?
You know, it's a shame that we don't have local support groups in our areas.  How helpful would that be?  I'm actually thinking of starting one in my area....
Oh, yes, my biggest question:  I hear all of your describe your palps. as "flutters".  Mine aren't flutters, they feel like I'm against a wall and a big man has his palm on my chest and pushes for a second, kinda takes my breath away for a half-second.  Does anyone experience this?
Blessings to you all!!
Kaz
p.s. - I used to know someone who used "Dolfnlvr" as their email address, is your fist name Bonnie?
Hi Karen,
I feel wonderful  and still remain on cloud 9...the only problem I have is since I haved lived in fear of SVT for 2 years, I now have to remember that I don't have it anymore...I have to get out of that mindset now.

How are you doing and when is your ablation scheduled?   You will be fine and please know that you are in my prayers....isn't this a wonderful website with so many beautiful people here that unselfishly help others.  I love it.

Have you met your new EP doctor?  What is he like?  Find out about him/her and ask how many ablations they have done? etc.  

Take care,
Rose
Kaz, you asked it high blood sugar could affect your palps.  I would say LOW blood sugar definitely gives you palps, but not high blood sugar, unless it was extremely high or if you had ketoacidosis, which is caused by your sugar swinging wildly up and down, but mainly very high sugar.  I'm diabetic and if I get hypo (low sugar) it affects my heartbeat quite severely.

Karen, how you doing?  I'm so sorry that your doc has gone and left you.  I almost cried when I read that, I know how hard it is to lose a good doctor and then have to form a new relationship with someone else.  How awful for you especially when you've been feeling so down.  Like you needed that on top of it!

I've missed being here to read what's happening with everyone, between being very busy at work, and still not feeling too hot, I just haven't been able to be here much.  Not to mention helping my little one with his homework every day.  It makes me think of that tv show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?", well I'd struggle with "Are you smarter than a first grader"!  What a laugh, but I'm so proud of my little baby who is growing up into such an intelligent, compassionate, beautiful child, and he's got the most brilliant sense of humour ever.  He makes me laugh every day.

Yup, I've progressed, life is definitley worth living.  Still have to battle along, but I'll fight on as long as it takes for me to get better.  Amazing what a six year old can do without even knowing he's doing it.

I hope all of you are doing well, especially the most recent ablation candidates.  Keep strong everyone, and always keep laughing
I have a ? for u all...ablation is used to treat PVC's without another condition?
Good afternoon. I thought that I would stop and say hi. I have the flu and was curious to see if the thread had made it to 100. I was suppose to have my ablation Monday but I got sick and they had to postpone. Thinline I cried when I found out my doctor left. I will have to put my trust in the new doc. Rose I hope that you are having a event free life now. I remember those days. They are wonderful. Hopefully I will know how it feels again soon. I go on the 28th to find out if I am well enough to procede. Keep me in your prayers and I will do the same for you. Thanks for being such good friends.I will write more later.. for now I have to go back to bed. I am freezing. Love you guys and take care. No hop, skips, or jumps.
Karen
Now you are starting to sound like me when anything that could go wrong would go wrong.  Best not have the ablation till you are healthy again, not worth inviting complications.  I'm still crying about your doc abandoning you - he's like my period - that seems to have abandoned me!  The oddest thing, but I have not had one since November - and NO I'm NOT pregnant, wasn't in a good enough condition to have gotten preggers at that point in my life, probably would have keeled over and died right there in bed.  Does anyone know about such things?  Will it come back - I'm 36, and show no other signs of early menopause.

Feelbetter Karen.
Hi Karen,

I'm sorry to hear that your not feeling well and having your ablation re-scheduled.  I was so parinoid about getting a cold prior to my ablation, but I managed to escape getting one...my youngest daugther was sneezing and coughing and of course wanted Mommy.

Hope you feel better soon.  I'm doing fine...a few pvc's now and then, but I feel wonderful. Thanks for asking.   Please let us know when your ablation is re-schedule.  If it helps, I didn't really know my EP doctor well...met him once and then the next time I saw him, we were in the lab all ready to do the ablation.  He had a pleasant personality the first time I met him, but I really depended upon his experience and credentials.

Thinline - I haven't had a period for a few months....but I'm 52 and it is expected.  I'm kinda of loving it personally, lol......hope it continues.  I do get some hot flashes, but not bad.

Take care,
Rose
Well I think that we should meet. I haven't had a period in 2 months myself. I know that I am not pregnant. Unless it is emaculate conception. LOL
Thanks for asking about me.I will keep you guys updated. I wish it were over. My husband has his procedure done Wednesday. Say a big prayer.
Love you guys bunches.
My thoughts are prayers are with you all. Hey my thread  thrills me everytime I get on here and see another comment. I think that it is awesome. Everybody keep em comin'!!
That is Tennessee talk because you all know that we leave off syllables. LOL.
God Bless each of you.
Karen
Hi it's me again. Tomorrow is the big day for my hubby. Say a BIG prayer for him please. Say one for me too that I will be skip free so that I will be able to take care of him during his recovery. I am trying to be positive and not think about me. Love you guys. To all of you I hope you have an uneventful day with your hop,skips and jumps.
God bless you guys for being here for so many people.
Karen
U and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...Please let us all know how things went...God Bless u...
To: Sunshine
Hi Karen,

I'm bummed that I didn't join in on this thread earlier!  Here's to one of the longest threads on here!!  There's so much good stuff going on here; so much friendship and support!!  I love it!!  It looks like all y'all (another southernism; I'm learning...LOL) are finding this place inviting, informational and comforting.  Isn't it great?  This place was a God-send for me when I was looking for answers and support.  I am just so grateful to everyone for making this such a great place!  

OK, back to the business at hand....Sunshine, I hope your husband has the very best outcome possible!  You are both in my thoughts and prayers.  

Keep us posted on how your hubby is doing and be sure to let us know when your ablation is (re)scheduled.  

Connie
To everyone who sent up a prayer for my husband.. I wanted to thank you for everything. He done well and has to go back to the doc and go in the hospital to have his liver biopsy because of where they did the other procedure they couldn't get him to sleep. So he will have to go in the hospital to be put to sleep where it is more controled. They found inflammation from the esophogus to the stomach and did biopsies of that and 2 polyps in his colon. One she dropped and could not recover but was able to hold on to the other one to biospy it. He does have fatty liver disease and he has to watch his diet. Bless his heart. We have to wait a week for results. So keep those prayers coming.
About me when seems not so important right now... I go to the heart doc on the 28th to make sure I am okay to procede with my ablation since I had the flu and maybe just maybe he can help give me my life back.  I am so tired of complaining. I wish I had some good news. I am still having my crazy beats but sometimes I go all day without one until up in the night before bed. I am jumping some now. I have worked my nerves in to such a mess that I am having a hard time swallowing. I know it is my nerves. It just started about 3 days ago since I have been sitting up with my husband worrying with his test. MY NERVES ARE SHOT. I can swallow food and water and such but my saliva is hard to get down. I think maybe also since he uped my meds that it has dried up alot of my saliva and makes it hard to swallow. I feel like my life is falling apart. I know that I have to stay strong. I can't give up. I am going to beat this and whatever my husbands test comes back we will work through it. Thanks again for everyone who has commented. My thanks to all of you.
I love this site and all the great info I get from everyone. I have made this my site of choice. I have directed my Dad to it and my brother.
By the way the thread is almost to 100!!!! Wahoooo. I love it. I love you guys. God Bless each of you.
Karen
Ty for letting us know how things went...I had a really bad day yesterday and thought of u and I *Smiled* because I knew that u would understand what I was going through...I love this site too and I love the people here also...such a great source of strength...God Bless....
Oh you are so sweet.Did you have some bad hops, skips, and jumps? I have had a terrible day today. I have got myself in such a tizzy I am having a hard time swallowing. I am a total disaster tonight. I am on the verge of going to the ER or taking another Xanax and seeing if I can relax. I am thinking that my meds are causing me some issues. I dream of the day when I can feel normal. I have been so scared tonight. It is a terrible feeling to feel that you can't swallow.
I do understand what you are going through. We should exchange telephone numbers so we can talk each other through bad times. I wished I could start a support group in my area to help others with this disability. That is what it really is. It makes me so out of it that I absolutely can not function.I feel so alone because no one else in my house can understand. I like you absolutley love this site. I love the information that I get. I love to hear others stories.They somehow give me comfort. I look for comments to ease my mind, I think that you and I are on the same wave length. I so can not wait to get myself fixed. I have never looked forward to surgery of any kind but I look forward to being fixed again. I cry myself to sleep when everyone else goes to bed. I think is there ever going to be peace for me and then I get on here and read post where they seem to be a lot worse than me.Lucky I have you guys and loving understanding kids that take me like I am and sit with me when I am scared and sad. I  hate to drag them down but they always know when I am not myself. I pray for healing or a once and for all cure for all of us. I love my new found friends. We might have issues but we truly care about others. That is a rare thing to find now days. I think that you are a wonderful person with a big heart!!! Literally. Love you girl.

To Thinline I hope that you have had a good day. Rose you too. I hope that you both are recovering nicely. Thinline are you back to work full time? Rose have you had any skips since your ablation? I hope not. I had quite a few after mine but it eventually went away!!
God Bless you all. Take care and I hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers are with all for a restful night and a glorious day!!
Love ya
Karen
H guys, Sitting here with one jump after another. I over did it today. I have been cleaning house for 12 hours. I have been throwing away and cleaning baseboards and etc. I don't want my family to have to contend with with it after my ablation. I worked to hard and go my heart in a tizzy. I am lying down now trying to feel better so I can finish up I may have to wait until tomorrow. Hope that everyone is doing good today, Today is the best I have felt in a while. Until about 2 hours ago. I am counting the days until the 28th. I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow and that all is well. Love you guys. God Bless each of you.
Karen
Hey Hun...Ty for the reply...I do feel like we are the same type of person...all of the things it seems that u are feeling...I feel also...I am scared to do anything...to leave the house alone...to be in a room by myself...lol...My husband fusses at me constantly...says that the dr said I am fine and to do whatever I want to do...I want to scream at him...DON'T U THINK THAT IS WHAT I WANT TOO...I just want to be myself again...I want Cathy back and I am so afraid she is never coming back because this is NEVER going to go away...I am going on Monday for a 2nd opinion...I think I am entitled to that...even though everyone says I am nuts...It is my heart afterall...I suppose maybe I do bring a lot of this on myself...but it is a horrible feeling thinking that u are going to drop over dead at any time....I keep praying...but sometimes I feel that God is tired of me always calling on Him...

On the day of your surgery...I will be saying many prayers for u Karen and I pray that u get your life back...I know how it is to want that...Sigh...do I ever know...God Bless u My Friend and Ofcourse we can exchange phone numbers...Tc of u Hun....
Hey you. I feel your pain. My husband says he is sick of hearing about it. I would never wish this on anyone but I wish for one day that he could feel what I feel.I bet he would stay in the bed and cry. He can't even handle a cold. I might know that it isn't going to hurt me but it sure feels like it. I too feel that God is sick of me calling on him. I have to though.. that is what gets me through. I don't know how many days more I can take it. It has been really bad all weekend. I go to the doc Thursday. I hope that I get good  news.
You know Cathy God says ask in his name and you shall receive. I ask because he wants us to. He wants us to call on him.

I too am afraid to go out. I get all smothery and I can't swallow and I feel my heart kicking into gear. I feel safe at home for some reason. I am even getting scared to go to work and there is no way that I can quit work. We could never make it. Anyway if I stayed home I would be alone because no one is here during the days.

Thanks so much for the prayers that you send up for me. I do the same for you. Hopefully after Thursday I will have some news to share. Good news I pray. I would love to share my number with you. I have invited you to be my friend haven't I? I will give it to you on there. Thanks for being such a wonderful person. Good luck with the hops, and skips. I have had enough for me and you both this weekend.

Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you. By the way my son is going to be a preacher and he is giving me strength through his wisdom. He is awesome. Love you girl. Let me know when you get your second opinion. There is nothing wrong with that. That is your business to find out all you can about your body. I do.
Talk to you soon. Keep praying. I am.
Karen
Hi Sunshine and everyone.  I'm so relieved that I got here before you had your ablation Sunshine, I have been so busy I just couldn't get here till now.  I will be sending loads of positive vibes your way on the 28th, will be praying for a positive outcome.

I've missed so much of what's been going on on this thread, can hardly believe how huge it is now.  Sites like this are brilliant, here we are, different people from all over the world who share a common problem, and we can make each other feel better for the simple reason that we "get it".  It is always such a relief for me to come here and read and know that I am not alone in feeling so horrible because my heart is beating in a dodgy rhythm.

I must share a very special moment I had with my son (6) the other morning.  I sleep in his bed because I'm still on oxygen at night and the noise from the machine bothers my hubby.  My son sleeps in my bed with my hubby.  The other morning my little boy got into bed to wake me up to get ready for work.  We were just lying close enjoying the moment (we call it snuggly buggly time) and he was fiddling with my hair - unfortunately it is still falling out, in fact even faster than before - and he asked why he could see the "skin on my head".  I explained again about medication and illness causing hair loss, for some reason he gets really upset that I might go bald.  Anyway, he got out of bed and came back a moment later (I am NOT a morning person so I was a bit out of it at this point), then he got back into bed and stuck something really tight onto my head.  I asked what he was doing and these were his exact words "mom I put my hat which I wore in nursery school and is too small for me now on your head because it's tight so it will hold your hair in your head and then it won't be able to fall out any more so it will stay in your head".  Oy, I've never ever felt such a rush of pure adoration.

This little boy has been through so much in his short little life, and he's so compassionate.  If his typing skills were better I am certain he'd be here on this site encouraging everyone to get better the way he encourages me.  I have realised that God gave me a very special child because he knew I'd need some extra special love to get me through the rough patches.  He's so gentle with me, he hunts for ages to find games to play with me which I can play without having to get down on the floor (once I'm down I can't get back up), or run about, or bend.  He's very sensitive to how I'm feeling, and he seems to know when to leave me alone.  His behaviour when its just him and me is almost perfect, but it's a totally different story when there are others around!!

Well that's it from me for tonight.  I hope everyone is ok I really miss my daily visits here, but in a few weeks I will be less swamped at work so can come "chat" more.

Sunshine, to you and your husband and extended family, I wish you all the very best, and I can't wait to hear how well you are doing after your ablation.  You and my son have compassion in common.  I think it is awesome how you open your heart and home to people in need.  My husband and I have considered forstering children, but I'd never be able to give them up, I'd get too attached, so I just can't do it.

Be well everyone, and keep each other going.
As I sit here wiping away the tears I want to thank you for your kindness. You do have a special son and my son wrote me the most precious email. He is a God send for me. Not that my other children aren't but he is so geared into me that it is unbelieveable. I would really love to share it with you. He is 22 and I have raised him without his real Dad in his life and this is what he has become. I will keep you updated and Thinline you cherish that little one and write things down that he says and does so you will never forget. Thanks for the prayers and kindness. I hope that you feel better soon. Who cares about hair? It is a cosmetic structure. What is on the inside is what counts and I know that you have a lot to offer, Here is my sons email that touched my heart like nothing else.Thk you for the e-mail and I do worry because I feel like I am the only one that does care anything about the situation, I know what you have isnt life threating because josh has the same thing and he leads a normal life with no problems..you say it aggervates you but no matter how I try and see it in my mind that you wont be hurt by it I can't just because of your actions..your 48 years old and its like looking at a 70 year old woman every time I come home its the same thing ...you are always laying in the bed or your eyes are so big its not even funny...I know in the morning when I wake up if its gonna be a good day..you come in my room with a smile on your face and a good attitued I know its gonna be a good day, but when you come into my room down and out and I know this just by looking at your face I know its gonna be a bad day..I am geared into it mom more than you could ever know no matter how hard you try and hide it I will know...You can't let this control your life..there is no need to lay in the bed and wait for something to happen..you need to enjoy your life just as much as I do..there are 10000000 of people in this world with only months left to live because of cancer or heart disease, but most do not have the attitued you do..they would love to be in yours shoes you have never had one doctor tell you that well you have 6 months to live because of your pvc's...you need to get out and get some fresh air every once in a while let the sunlight hit your face..God has givin you your heart for a reason and that reason is not to sit around and be depressed all the time..Like I said 6 months ago sometime horrible came back into your life and it took my warm hearted loving full of life mother away from me..and I hope after the 28th that the amazing person will be back..You cant let this rule your life its time to get up and dont let this beat you there is no need for that..You dont understand how bad I need you in my life right now, i need you there when I get married, I need you there when I move out, I need you there when I have kids, as you know I dont really have a father in my life....and for something to happen to you I wouldnt know what do to..Please I beg of you from the bottom of my heart please stand up and be strong and DO NOT LET THIS BEAT YOU...think about how good you have it compared to other...Mom I Just want you to know I love you I wish it was that easy for me to let go and say well there is nothing I can do, but God has put this on my heart for a reason to keep you strong and dont let you give up...I know in the end I will get my mommie back no matter what, I know how strong of a person you are, but it's past time to stand up and just say im gonna beat this..dont lay in the bed and let you life go by..I love you more than life itself and cant wait to see you better again..I know the doctors can help you out, dont be scared you have my prayers...I love you mom...and dont tell me not to worry If i didnt that would mean I didnt love you..we will do this together put your faith in God and dont hide your problems...if you are sick dont hide that let someone help thats all it takes .That is coming from a young man with so much faith. I wanted to share that with you. So when I sit and mope and ponder on myself I am hurtung my children. I am going to try to much better. I guess when we feel bad that people that love us feel it. I never want my children to be burdened with me, I want to be me again. Well thanks for reading and I will write more later. To all my precious friends, I love you guys. I am so glad that I have you all. Much love and God Bless each one of you.
Karen
I sat here reading your latest post and I cried the entire time...I can not help but to think...do my children feel the same way...I do the same thing...I have let this control my life Karen and take me from them...we have to stop...somehow...we have to get strength from God and from all of us on here and we can over come this...I want to live again...I want to be me again...and I know u as well as the others on here do also...We can do it...Look at the trials that Job had to endure...his wife told him to curse God and die and not one time did he do it...Let us all draw strength from God and from each other...God Bless U All...U are in my prayers and I love u....
AMEN!!!!! We are going to have to stop this stuff.l know if we try hard enough I think that we can. We can feed off of each other and lean on each other for support. I pray for each of you guys on here and I know that we are all going through basically the same thing. My children are my life and instead of me being their caregiver they have been mine. How unfair. I know that my son is right. There is good things to come. He is wise beyond years. My oldest lost his g/f to Cancer at 20 and he has managed to carry on and still be stronger than me. My kids have more faith than I have and I was the one who taught them to believe and ask the Lord for help but I can't seem to hear my own words and follow them. I am going to give it my best effort. I have to. You are a wonderful lady. I hope you know that you can call upon me for anything. Just a talk or whatever. I am scared I am not going to lie about the 28th but I am also anxious. I want it to be all better. God Bless you sweety and we will lean on the Lord to get us through this. I love you too.
wow!  I have just sat and read all of these posts and i hope you don't mind me jumping in.
I joined this forum last night and can't believe I am not alone in feeling this way.  I too am letting it control my life and i've only had it since January.  I am really scared.  I don't know how different it is but I get SVT not pvc or pacs.
I have sat here crying reading all the posts, I am a childminder and have tried to hide my tears from the children.
Then the postman delivered our mail, there were 2 cards from family wishing me well - made me cry even more.

Sunshine47 - I hope your hubby is ok and I will be thinking of you on Thursday sending positive vibes.
Wvmomof3 - I too would be getting a 2nd opinion, people who don't have this just don't understand how awful it is.
Thinline - bless your little boy.  my son is also 6 and that is the sort of thing he'd do.  one morning I was having an "attack" he came downstairs and made me my breakfast and bought it up on a tray.  it consisted of a banana, some tic-tacs, and a drink of orange squash in a childs sports bottle!!  I really cried.

I sincerely wish everyone all the best and thankyou all for telling your stories.

Caroline xx

Wow, that is all I can say is WOW!!  I read your post sunshine and I just kept shaking my head reading your sons words to you....and he is 22.  My kids are younger and they had to fend for themselves back in the summer, my oldest was their mother for months.  They would know when Mommy didn't feel well or was "sick."  My middle child made her own lunch one morning and I cried watching her.  Back then (it seems so long ago) I cried about everything.  My oldest who is 16 now seemed tired and depressed and I knew it was because of me and it hurt me to no end watching what I was doing to my kids, but it was like I couldn't snap out of my funk.  I have done much better, but there are days when I snap at the kids or I don't have the patience to listen to a story about what happened at school...those are days when the PVC's are controlling me.  My kids mean EVERYTHING to me and it tears me up when I can't be the old mommy that I used to be.  I pray that all of us will oneday not let these horrid quirks ruin our lives and learn to live and be thankful for what God has given us.  My faith is not where it should be sunshine, but it's much further then it was a  year ago.  My prayer are with you and your husband, and I know that everything will work out for your good on the 28th.
Hi Karen.  Can you believe that the 28th is almost here?  So soon now and you'll be ok again.  I read the e-mail your son sent you and it touched my heart in some places, but to be honest, in others bits it made me angry.

You are feeling horrible, having a dodgy heart is scary and exhausting, you have the added stress of your husband not being well.  In my opinion, if you are having a bad day due to the very real problem with your heart, and you feel too tired or afraid to get up, then you have every right in the world to stay in bed.

Nobody can "imagine" how it feels when your symptoms start going mad.  It is hard.  It is scary.  It affects every bit of you and your life.  It is impossible to explain to someone how it feels if they have not felt it themselves.

Your son obviously adores you, but I got the sense he's angry at you, and that he's losing his compassion.  I'm religious to a degree, but not hugely so, I think the Jewish perception is a bit different to the Christian perception.  I don't for a moment believe that God will jump in and restore me to perfect health.  I think that God is teaching me how to deal with what I've got, the good and the bad.

I am still praying for you, and wish you all the very best for the 28th.  I hope your son gets his wish to see his mommy back to how she used to be, but Karen, if you want to stay in bed because you feel bad, then do it.

I wish I could meet a whole lot of people from this forum, especially this thread.  We'd have a good laugh.

Big storm coming, so I'm off to bed.

Goodnight everyone, and stay healthy.
Well, as I sit here and read all of these I have to kind of smile, a little bitter sweetly, knowing that somebody (a lot of people evidently) have the same problems.  I am definitely praying & well wishing for each of you.  I have had every test in the book much like you WvMom & they have told me it is nothing.  Then I will have days like today where I am having a one with every other beat of my heart.  I have scheduled an appt with my Cardiologist (same guy who said there was nothing wrong the first time) but this time am basically going to ask the questions that I want answered, and expect a straight forward answer.  Sunshine - definite prayers & well wishes to you for your operation & the outcome.  I hope everything goes well.  I could ask everyone here who is a God fearing person to pray for me, to pray that I will get some faith in me.  I have been so short on faith, so much so that I haven't asked God to help with my medical problems.  I have been suffering so much with this anxiety that I haven't been able to ask the one source that I KNOW will help me TO help me.  I guess I need to get goin on the use of my mustard seed!  

Anyway, I will let everyone know what my cardio says next week.  And many prayers to you all.
I appreciate your opinion. You are right in voicing your opinion. Everyone has that right. I know that not everyone has the same religious upbringing. I respect that.I respect you for who you are not for what religion you are. You are very special to me. You have been through alot and yes I do believe that God throws things at us to make us stronger and be able to cope. You are strong and I feel so weak sometimes. But I will overcome it, I have before and I can now. My son is very sensitive and he cares so much and I have not been a fun Mom but a caring mom,I want my kids to remember me as being an awesome person that liked to have a good time and someone that they could always count on. I appreciate everyones comments and prospectives on all my many issues. A big thanks goes out to a bunch of wonderful people. I too Thinline wish I could meet all of you guys. Do you think that we would be taking our pulse? LOL. I would. Hopefully the 28th will help me find peace. Keep praying for me and I will do the same for you.
Take care and I will keep you updated as the events unfold. Love you bunches, A big Tennessee Hug.
Karen
To all the great people who have responded I never knew there were so many people that really cared. I wish I had a magic cure for all of us and we could enjoy life to its fullest. Sometimes I look around and see people that seem normal and I get sad. That is so stingy of me.I wonder why me? Why was it me that got this "thing" that I have. Then I have to think that God only gives it to the ones that he knows can handle it. Just like he gives special people a handicapped child. There is a reason for everything. I know that. I think that all things are possible through our Lord Jesus Christ. I hope that my religion doesn't offend anyone. I have to say it. I am a believer and I lean on the Lord for everything that I do throughout the day. Sometimes I think I lean to much, but I am his child and he wants us to. Just like your children count on you to help them when they are hurt or sick. I don't have many friends, because of my illness. I have lost alot of them becasue I can't party with them or keep up with them. I guess a true friend is a person who takes all your goods with your bads. That is why I am so glad that I have found you all. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers that are going up for me for Thursday. I am scared but not to the point of panic. I know that what will be will be. To everyone this thread has made my days wonderful.I can't wait to get home from work to read them. They honestly make a big smile on my face. Not someone feeling bad but all the nice things that people have to say and the true compassion that everyone has for each other.I hope that I have good news soon. Take care to you all and God Bless you all. Love you from the bottom of my messed up little heart.<3.
A great big hug from a Tennessee Hillbilly!!!
Karen
Hey Hun...Just wanted to let u know...I went back to the dr today...he said my echo results were EXCELLENT and for me not to worry...don't u love it when they say that...lol...I am still going for a 2nd opinion on the 5th...If I don't...I will regret it...I know me...

I know exactly what u mean by seeing others and u get so sad and think...Why me...why did this have to happen to me...I do that all the time and then I remind myself...what if I were blind or confined to a wheel chair...what if I couldn't do all the things I do now and that is when I look up and I say...Ty God for what u have done for me...

Your religion could never offend me in any way...I am a believer too...I believe nothing is possible without God's help and I repeat to myself over and over again...*And this too shall pass...*

Hope to hear from you soon...God Bless U...Love ya My Friend *Smile*
Hey great news about the Echo. I am glad. But if you aren't satisfied I don't blame you for getting a second opinion. I am very thankful for the health that I have. I would never want to be blind or deaf or unable to do for myself. At least I am not disabled and can still work. I get bored at home.
I am glad that my religion doesn't offend you. I could tell you were a believer. I am glad. God will take care of our needs as he sees fit. I trust him 100 percent. I pray all the way to work and all day long. I feel that is what gets me through.
You keep your chin up and have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Love you girl,
Karen
This is the kind of thing that frustrates me.  All day yesterday my heart rate was between 90-120 all day.  Today it's been no higher than 78.  Ahhh!  lol  it drives me nuts.  I am going to ask the doctor next week, I will give everyone the answers he gives me.  I'm going armed with pen & paper!  ;P lol
Karen, one more sleep and the big day will be here!  I'm wishing the time to go quickly for you.  Your religion doesn't offend me by the way.  Please know that you mean a great deal to me too.  I don't understand why you think you are weak.  I personally think that you are incredibly strong, you are going through a hard time, and that makes you feel weak but it does not mean you are weak.  I also have my weakling days, although for some reason today I'm feeling strong from a mental point, I think it's due to the tight deadline I have at work, I'm forced to really push myself hard because my pain is bad again, and if I don't keep pushing myself, I'll end up allowing the pain monster to get me again and I don't know how I'd cope with that.

All of us having coffee would be brilliant, we could have a competition to see who's tachy was the fastest.  Coffee and cheesecake, yum it makes my mouth water.

I started on new heart meds on Saturday - the ones that caused so much drama as they are not yet registered, so had to be brought into the country on compassionate grounds.  So far I have not noticed any difference in my rate, but lets hope they work.

Once again I wish you all the best for tomorrow.  My thoughts and prayers will be with you and I look forward to coming here and seeing how things went.  Are you going to put it on this thread or start another one?

Be thinking of you.
I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this site. When ever I am having a bad day, I come here and read the posts to know that I am not alone.  There are the days when there are no "palps" or dropped feelings and then it seems everytime I turn around, one comes along.
I am a 36 year old Mom to 3 young ones who has had all the tests too. An ekg and chest xray (at the ER), holtor monitor, all the blood tests and a stress test. All came back normal. My Dr. says I'm fine and just need to take a deep breath and relax when it happens. She also says the more I think about and obsess about it, the more it will happen. This I've found is true. My anxiety over all of it makes me crazy!!! I see my GP about every 6 wks, due to see her again next week. I'm hoping that this time will be the last time for a while and that I can move on and just believe I'm having a "hiccup"
I want my old self back too. The one that runs around with her kids without thinking twice and isn't afraid to work out to strenously. I'm sick of crying and feeling sorry for myself. I just want to be normal again. To wake up after a full nights rest without this being the first thing on my mind. To go out somewhere with my husband or kids without worrying.
Thanks for listening and keep posting. It's keeping all of us somewhat sane:)
Please feel free to vent to all of us on here anytime u feel like it...this site has helped me so much...I come here to receive strength...I think that is why God led me to this site...HE knew I needed to talk to others who were going through the same thing...Karen has become such an inspiration to me and I love her dearly...I will keep u all in my prayers...God Bless u....Here's to a "Skip" free night....
Thanks for the welcome. Be careful what you wish for or I'll be on here all the time!LOL
I feel like I've given up all this good stuff, but they keep happening. I've lost 17 lbs. in the process, I like that! Of course though I've given up M&M's and all other chocolate, but losing the M&M's hurts the most. I try to stay away from sugar because I notice I have more when I'm eating sugar. No caffeine, no alcohol. Although I still have the occasional glass of wine mixed with diet 7 or I might have a beer.
My hubby is pretty good about all this. Has listened to me ramble on about it. He can't get why I just don't take my Drs. word for it. It's hard to, you know. Unless it's happening to you, you just don't have the same understanding.
Thanks for listening.
Have a great night all. Peace.
Well just got back from my Doctor and the ablation is off for at least another month. My new Doctor feels that my first ablation was such a success that she does not believe that I am experiencing the same thing. So I get to wear a wonderful Loop monitor for a month so she can witness first hand my episodes. She feels that my success rate was 98 percent according to my old docs findings. She says that there are several other things that factor into this. One being sleep apnea, and menopause. She feels I need another sleep test. So I have been scheduled for that again.I couldn't get my monitor today because they did not have the correct one to hook me up to. I go back on the 5th. She did and EKG which was perfect. No flips or flops. Seems to always be that way when I go to the doc after complaining. Just like my kids when they were little. They would be so sick and I would take them to the doc and they would be up running around making me look like I was an overprotective mother. I think that when I go to the Doc that I feel safe for some reason. Anyway I had lost 23 pounds. I was ecstatic. That is a positive. I really appreciate all of your guys and all the prayers that have been sent up for me. Please keep them coming. I guess I will have a long month ahead of me but if it cures me I am willing to do anything. God Bless you all and I hope that you have had a wonderful day!!
I love you guys. I will keep you posted.
Karen
Sigh...I had been waiting all day to hear from u...lol...I was worried to death...I was even praying for u in the car with my husband today...I am sorry they are putting u off...but I hope they find all the answers and do the right thing to heal u...I have been feeling pretty good the last couple of days and I have realized...once I calm down...things don't seem so bad...I try to focus on the good that God has done in my life and not on the negative...but...OH...How I HATE to hear someone say...u are fine...nothing to worry about...I want to just scream and say...are u INSANE...lol...Anyways...Hope u rest well tonight...Talk to u soon...Love ya My Friend *Smile*....
my pacs were allmost gone for a week but they just came back probablly because i caught a bad cold and im weak. i realize now that the less i let them bother me the less they occur.they are really bad the more we stress over them. they are harmless.over half of us have them and a few of us poor souls notice them. best way to cure is to ignore.medicnes to supress them are can be harmfull where to ignore has no harm whatsoever. they will only hurt our minds. think of that great saying

I WASTED A LOT OF MY LIFE WORRIYNG ABOUT THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED.
i know far to well easier said than done but ive been there. checked pulse every five minutes.5emergency visits.6ecgs.even checked pulse while making love to wife.almost lost my mind. all invain. just made them worse.  good luck all and may god be with you

Thank you my wonderful friend for all the prayers. You are wonderful. I can never tell you just how much it means to me. I get my nerve up and then I get told that it might not be that at all. I pray for you all the time too. I hate it to when others say you are alright. If that is true why don't I feel alright? You are what a true friend is all about. I will keep you up on the latest. I never can mention that I am feeling well because just as sure as I do I will get all bent out of shape. So when somebody says how do you feel and I haven't felt any bumps I say SHHHHHH! They know that means she is okay but be quiet. LOL. I get my monitor the 5th. A whole month of wearing it, YUCK!!! Oh well I will do what ever it takes. I love you girl. Hope you keep having good days, God works miracles. Sleep tight.
Thanks for the words of wisdom. I realize the more that I stress over it the more frequent they occur. I can't get them off my mind. I have thought about going to a hypnotic session to see if that will help. I am willing to try anything at this point. How many jumps have you had in a day? I must admit that I am guilty too. I to have checked my pulse while with my husband also. I don't want it to get out of whack in the middle of an intimate moment. I live on prayer. I bet God gets so tired of me calling up on him, but I just can't help it. I beg sometimes to make it beat right. I hope that the docs can fix me up so when we go to the beach that I can enjoy my family and my time away from all my problems. Thanks for the comment. I think that this is the first time that we have commented each other. Please comment anytime. I have made so many special friends on here from this thread that it is awesome. God Bless and I am so glad that you have the power of mind over matter. Have a great night.
Karen
Hey Karen.  I'm still trying to decide if this news is good or bad.  The major thing here is that your new doctor is obviously very thorough and is not keen to rush blindly into anything if she feels there might be something different going on which could be treated in a different way.  As frustrating as this wait is, I think its really a good plan of action on your doc's behalf, and she probably has some inkling of whats really going on and is doing this to confirm her feeling.  Perhaps when your doc left he actually did you a favour, becaue a different doc will look on things in a different way and might pick something up the other guy missed.  Often I think my cardio knows me too well and doesn't really pay enough attention.  I guess only time will tell, but since you have a whole nother month to wait now, please try be positive.  

I know what a hard time you have been having, but I've been thinking about how down in the dumps you are and what any of us here can try to suggest to make you feel better.  I'm not talking about huge life changes here, just little things.  I have three suggestions to try perk you up:

1. Think of something good and positive about yourself every day and write it down in a journal (anything goes here, it could be about your kind heart and how you have helped so many people, it could be something about your body that you are proud of - maybe you have a gorgeous butt or boobs or stunning hair - whatever, write it down and then one day when you are feeling very bad you can go back and read it.

2.  Think of something a member of your family has said or done lately which has made you feel special and loved - a good start would be the mail from your son.  Write that down too and go back and read it when you need to.

3.  Do something each day that you love doing, whether it's sitting outside and listening to the birds sing, or watch rain through the window, read something silly that you've always wanted to but didn't do because it was too silly, look on the web for a joke until you find one that really gets you giggling.

I hope you give one or more of these a try and it helps you feel better and cope better.  I'm sure lots of people have other suggestions for you, and I think any suggestions anyone makes will help everyone else here who feels angry and fed up with life.

Sending you a hug all the way from South Africa!
Hey Hun...Missed seeing a post from u today...Hope all is well with u and u have a great night...Hop, Skip, and Jump FREEEEEE....God Bless...Love ya...(((Huggssss)))
I hung out with the family last night and then the old heart started doing its ritual dance and I had to go to bed. So that is why I wasn't on. I am so tired of no fun and all sick all the time, I am working on a plan with the doc. So soon I hope that I can go out and play with no worries.I woke up this morning with the beast going off in my body. I have tried to ingnore it so that it will go away but no luck yet. How about yourself sweety? Ihope that your day is going well. I am praying so hard for relief for all of us. I am going to beat this DEMON. I have faith and lots of it. I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with peace. God Bless you my new found friend. I really care. Hugs and lots of them to you. Love ya too muchly. <3
Hey Hun...Glad u posted today...I was getting a little worried about u...I hope your day got better and u were able to enjoy it some...we took the boys to the mall for a bit...I wish I could enjoy it Karen...but I am still scared to death...I am constantly waiting for my heart to flutter...Will this ever get any better?....It is a horrible way to live...I haven't felt it skip since the 20th of Feb...but I know it is only a matter of time before it does...which in turn scares me more...because I will think they are gone and BAM...here they come again to prove to me that I am never going to get over this...Sigh...If not for God's grace...I would be in a nut house I am sure....Ty for listening to me vent...once again...Love ya my Friend...*Huggsss*
Hey you!!
You should be proud that you haven't had trouble since the 20th. Isn't it funny that we can name the exact time and date since it last happens? Now that it hasn't happened in a while would be a good time to try to focus on something that you enjoy. Maybe if you can just say hey I haven't had a flip in a while and so what if I do I know that it isn't going to hurt me. Do you constantly feel your pulse? That is my problem. I should just take some super glue and glue my fingers to my neck or wrist. LOL. Maybe it is gone forever, I have been praying for you alot. God works in mysterious ways. If he heals one all the prayers that have been sent up will not have been in vain. Not that I ever think that a prayer is in vain it is that God answers in his own time and his own way. I learned that the hard way.When my son's fiance' passed away I was so angry and so upset and then I got angry at my son because he moved on.. I couldn't understand why or how he could forget so quick but that was not it at all. He just dealed different. I would not even let his g/f in  my house and all I was doing was driving a wedge between us, I prayed to God everyday that he would get rid of her but instead he got closer and closer to her. I then decided that I needed to do the same. God lead me to do the right thing to keep peace with my son and now she is part of us, Not like Savannah.. we can never replace her but I am accepting it alot better now. So I have had to turn it over and let happen whatever happens. The same as my heart. I feel so scared and sometimes when I have bad episodes today I feel like calling it quits and quit putting my family through my PAIN! Then I think that would just hurt lots of people and I have faith that things will get better. I feel like a NUT sometimes but my husband is helping me. He keeps telling me to be patient. I get angry sometimes when people tell me that because it is easy for them to say that because it isn't happening to them. I have to step back and say okay I am going to do this with the help of my Lord. I can't give up. I want to get better. By the way your venting doesn't bother me at all. I love to talk to you. You are my friend and that is what friends are for. I love ya girl. Big Huggggggsssss to you too
Karen
Thanks for the advice. I am keeping a diary. I try to write positive things down and stay away from the negative. I have had a terrible day to day but I tried to fight it and I took your advice and stayed in the bed all day. That is where I felt the best. I am glad to have a friend like you even if you are so far away. You are always close to my thoughts. I keep prayng for your recovery. You are a special person. Are you orginally from Africa? I bet you have a beautiful accent. I do.. I have a hillbilly one. LOL. What they say about Southern girls is not true though we don't say barefoot and pregnant. How is your precious little one today? I told my co-workers about the hat. They thought that it was precious. I did too. Thanks for your friendship. Keep those prayes coming. God Bless you and your family and I hoep that you get better everyday.
Karen
Thanks Karen.  I'm pleased you did what you felt best and that was to stay in bed.  My little one keeps me going.  You might read what I posted this morning, it looks like my marriage is about to break down, and its come as a huge shock to me.  I had no idea this was coming and its hit me like a ton of bricks.  My husband says I've made our lives dull and boring and he can't stand it anymore.  Sadly I can do absolutely nothing about it.  Its not because I don't want to do things, it's because I am unable to thanks to my health problems.  Never mind that bit about "in sickness and in health...".

To answer your questions, yes I was born in South Africa in a small town called Warmbaths, named after the natural springs in the area, which are hot and promote good health (maybe I did not swim in the water enough as a kid).  I do have an accent, but because I'm english speaking it isn't as strong as if I was afrikaans are from a black background.  Many american people think our accent is australian.  Here in SA we do say barefoot and pregnant ha ha.

We have such a great country with so much potential, but sadly I see it sliding badly.  Sometimes I wish we could leave here because of the crime, but that is not going to happen.

Keep well.
Well it is midnight and I am lying here having my DEMONS keeping me awake. I have to
work tomorrow but they don't care.I am getting ready to snuggle with my hubby and see if he can relax me enough to make me fall asleep. I hope that you guys are having a restful nights sleep. I will talk to u tomorrow. Much love and lots of peace. God bless each of you. I have battled these things all day. I kept going though to see if I could keep my mind occupied. Helped some but I still had it in the back of my mind. My son came and prayed with me earlier so maybe I can relax and be ready to go to the old grind tomorrow. I wish it was time for vacation.
Love you all,
Karen
Hey Hun...I see u had a bad day like me yesterday...I wish we lived closer...cause sometimes when I am feeling that low...I just need a *hugg* and maybe u do too...I don't think my depression/anxiety meds are working anymore...I have been taking Zoloft for 8 years now and I just don't think it is as effective as it used to be...I go to the dr on the 5th for my 2nd opinion and I am going to ask about a change for that...I haven't felt a hop, skip, or jump...well I don't think I have...since Feb 20th...I am not really sure anymore what I am feeling...I just know that I sit here scared to death waiting for it to happen and I know that is NO way to live...I had to lol when I seen what u said about taking your pulse...my fingers are permanently attached to my wrist and I keep a stop watch with me at all times to take my pulse...Pathetic...am I not...lol...well...I guess I better try to do something today...Hope to talk to u soon...God Bless...Love ya...***Huggssss****
Hey you. Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I AM FEELING LOW. I never worry about my heart rate just my rhythm. Strange huh?I wish we lived closer to each other too. I love hugs and lots of them. I get my monitor tomorrow. I am just thrilled. I actually am scared, I don't know why. I wish I had an answer. I guess we both get to go the doc tomorrow. Hey keep me posted. I will you too.Love you my special friend.God Bless YOU!!!
Karen
Just wanted to thank everyone for keeping this thread going. I think that it is awesome. I just couldn;t wait to get home to see my responses and others. I think it is great that it has lasted this long. I love you guys and all your helpful advice. Take care and God Bless you all.
Big hugs from Tennessee
Karen
I have been reading all the posts in this thread, and I swear, they all sound like me. Talk about crying, man, that is all I do and I can sure relate to all the fears, etc that everyone is experiencing. I have both books by Claire Weekes, they are awesome, I wore one out carrying it around so much and reading it. I used to be lots better at practicing what she taught, but now, I am awful, my anxiety just runs away.

My post will bump this excellent thread to the top, it will be so helpful for newer members to read too.

I hope all that have posted on this thread are doing well and better.
God bless you.
Hugs
Susie
I was pleased to see so many people in the thread put their trust in the Lord. I have been posting on here for a while and have never interjected religion, but hey, it helps. I pray regularly and put my faith in Jesus. He will provide the strength you need. When you get down, read the book of Romans...anywhere in there. God Bless in the future.
wow glad someone bumped this thread in 2009, or I may have never found it with so much to read & absorb.

For me this is literally the case; these won't go away  - I have had them 24/7; every minute of every day  now for 6 months to a year now.    54,000 EXTRA beats on my holter test - I'm sure it's higher on a "bad" day.

Fatigue, breathlessness, chest pains, palpatations, dizziness, fainting, blackouts, swelling, skipped/missed beats, my throat feels "clogged" from my chest up and I can never lay on my back, headaches (sleep apnea maybe?)

They have made my life miserable and I want my "normal" life back like most of you.  I want to be able to go to the zoo again, walk, run & "play" with my children, without feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack or die at age 42.

I knew something was wrong but had no clue what it was until recently.  Knowing that I have nothing wrong "structurally" was a relief.  The PVC's every 3rd heartbeat (Bigeminy) all day all night is driving me crazy,  I have  PVC's ,VT, SVT's .   I'm told if I don't have ablation I will have heart failure and heart attacks, that just stopped me in our tracks.

No one knows how I feel though, my husband  does not understood what I have been going through, he's never sick even with a cold.  I feel he really thought I was "faking" until the cardiologist told us and sent me to an EP.  Now he feels so bad and cried as he put his head on my chest and told me I had to stick to our contract I still had 40 years left together.  
My s-i-l has 1 run a year on the normal and can't believe I have them all the time.  My f-i-l has major heart problems and an icd so he knows part of what I go through but his are once a year or so also.

Just talking about it has helped alot this past week, I'm still getting answers through this whirlwind of craziness and still have so many questions.

I wish my PcP would have paid attention to my EKG in April 2007, it showed frequent PVC's  but I didn't complain of anything so he just said eh nothing is wrong...well he was terribly mistaken according to the Cardiologist & EP - "any doctor worth his salt" should have picked up on those details lol
From what I read about cardiac ablation, it seems like it has a high success rate.  Is it true that this is done because a part of the heart is damaged?  Sorry, I'm learning as I go along and feel so bad that you're living in the constant state of extra beats.  Is the procedure scheduled or are you going for another opinion.  I think too many doctors write off PVC's as "nothing" to be concerned about.
Keeping you in my thoughts,
Sami
Thanks Sami - from what I've read and drs told me they have a 90% success rate - for the "normal abnormal" beats with ablation - I believe the number he quoted me was 6 -8000.  Mine are outrageous and he said he had never heard of anyone having this many and gave me about 40% but then I may have to have it redone.

I've had this rate for 6 mths - 1 year at these rates that I can recall,  I have NO heart damage whatsoever even though. no heart damage they know of yet until they do surgery :)  they said my heart is "structurally normal", which Im still in shock over.

I have surgery scheduled for next week, but I "stepped on the doctor's toes" by going for a second opinion and his office never called back to confirm the time and set up my tilt table test & pre-surgery bloodwork :(

I've had a heck of a time getting their office to forward my files to the other EP for an evaluation or for them to send them to me.  I finally called and told them if it wasn't sent within the business day,  I was going to file a formal complaint with my insurance co.; I got my records release within 2 min! [grin]
Oh good, I'm glad you took an aggressive approach to your doctor's lack of response and concern!!  Who cares what "toes" we step on when it comes to our health and well being!  It's amazing what a few little words can do to speed up the process :).
Yes, I did a lot of reading on the ablation, but usually there is some damage there, maybe something that wasn't picked up on the tests.  In any event, I'm glad you're going for another opinion and I hope this takes care of all your extra beats, etc.  It seems to work in so many cases similar to yours.  Unless someone has experienced this, they are clueless as to how much it can control our every movement, literally.  Please keep me posted, I am truly interested and concerned.
I am going this morning for my event monitor..hopefully they can give me some answers, albeit, it is not nearly like yours, but to each of us, it is our own personal hell that we live through and fight to get out of.  We will win this battle though!
When I first went in, my pcp now told me he thought I had valve damage from Phentermine which was prescribed to me by a physician in one of the clinic's satellite offices.  He said he was appalled that a doctor of his stature (30 years) had signed off on my EKG & files.  He looked over everything and said he would "act like he didn't see the EKG" but advised me to go outside of the clinic for a second opinion & "do something about this".

He sent me to a cardiologist in their clinic affiliation so he would have full say so over my case & file.  When I went back to see him this past Friday he said "they say you don't have any valve damage or heart damage"  which he replied, "hmmm interesting I'm rarely ever wrong" lol.  He was an ER doctor for over 10 years and did diagnostics alot he said, and he's just the type of person you feel you can trust when you meet him.

What are they not telling me I wonder and that's why I want an opinion outside of this medical clinic and affiliation.  Maybe I'm just being overly paranoid with the problems I've had with doctors in the past 10-15 years, I really hope that's the case.

Whether it's 1,000, 10,000 or 50,000 PVC's,  extra beats, or just the feeling of not being able to breathe, none of this is comfortable.   I can't imagine the frustration people go through if a doctor tells them there's nothing wrong and nothing to worry about - I'd like those doctors to have to suffer through what we're all going through and then say it's nothing.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing a new EP and see what she says about the chances ablation will work, or if that's what I need.

Please post and let me know how your holter goes & what they say.