Skipped Heartbeat
I recently began training for a marathon after a 4 year hiatus.  It seems the more I run/train, I more experience what feels like a skipped heartbeat.  It happens occasionally when I'm running, but it happens most often at night, when I am resting (watching TV or in bed). It sometimes happens 4-5 times a minute...sometimes the occurances are spaced out. Agian, the more I run, the more frequent the occurances.

I read your post to say you have been in sufficient physical condition to run a marathon in the past.  Further, that you have no history of skipped HB, or that you now have any other symptoms, i.e., you rest and aerobic HRs are as expected, and your blood pressure is your normal.

Do you have any skip problems if you simply jog or run slowly for 3 to 5 miles, or is it only when you go for what, 10 miles?  I have no idea how to train for a marathon, nor do most of the people who will read our post on this Community.

I'll try to check back to see if I have any ideas given more information.  
It can occur during short and long runs, but I notice it the most when I am resting at night.  It seems the better arobic shape I am in, the more it occurs. My BP and weight are normal.

When I am not training/running/exercising, I do not experience the problem.