Heart Rhythm Community
Skipped beats during pregnancy

A community of people experiencing Heart Rhythm concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, management, and treatment.

Skipped beats during pregnancy

am a 37 yr old past smoker and current caffeine user.  I am also 7 months pregnant.  I have been having a problem with skipped beats for 9 days now.  They happen often and last all day and all night.  I was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  The skipped beats started shortly after changing my diet for the diabetes and I quitting caffeine.  I went to the ER and was told my magnesium was low.  I was treated and released.  The palpitations have not stopped at all.  Sometimes they occur three times in a row.  I am having a difficult time sleeping, not only because I am disturbed by the skipped beats, but also because it is almost impossible for me to sleep on my left side due to an increase in palpitations.  I am also not able to lie on my stomach so I get very stiff and sore sleeping on my right side all night.  I understand that thinking and worrying about the skipped beats make it worse, but it is hard when you are not only worrying about yourself, but also the baby you are carrying.  I am desperate for relief!  I wore a holter monitor for 24 hrs and have not gotten the results yet.  I am worried sick!  I have thousands of skipped beats every day.  Any advice one could give me would be greatly appreciated.  What about applying ice or holding breath and nose and trying to breathe out forcefully.  I am afraid to try these methods.  I can't imagine going through this for another 10 weeks and also worrying about it while giving birth!  Thank you for your time.